MLB talk

Jimbo...your kidding right?? He didn't have is usual numbers because he only played 130 games....and STILL lead the league in walks and was in the top 5 in HBP, LEAD the league in OBP....and only hit .270....they have not pitched to him in almost 20 years....look at the stats. The ONLY years he has NOT lead the league in either OBP and walks were years he was injured. Don't get me wrong, IMHO, ONLY Garry Sheffield is a bigger dick than Bonds....but I will not deny his ability.

If they aren't pitching to him, how did he amass those fantastic hitting numbers? Sorry, Bonds is a way bigger DICKHEAD! Sheffield just says stupid sh*t.

If they aren't pitching to him, how did he amass those fantastic hitting numbers? Sorry, Bonds is a way bigger DICKHEAD! Sheffield just says stupid sh*t.

Can you tell us how you "really" feel? :rolleyes:

Sidekick,
I thnk he did a fine job telling you, would you like a better example ???

I tend to agree with him.

I have always looked at Sheffield as a player, one that I hated when he was playing against my team, could never figure out how he hit so well with the bat always moving like that, but man can he hit.. the guy hits bullets .....

Jimbo

I believe Sheff to be the reason the Tigers are hitting so well. The hitters are taking positive cues from Sheff's approach to hitting (they're definitely more selective at the plate), much like the pitching staff learned from Rogers last year. Adding these two players was like adding two more coaches to the staff.

I was kidding ... I forgot you guys don't get subtlety .... ;)

Sidekick,
I thnk he did a fine job telling you, would you like a better example ???

I tend to agree with him.

I have always looked at Sheffield as a player, one that I hated when he was playing against my team, could never figure out how he hit so well with the bat always moving like that, but man can he hit.. the guy hits bullets .....

Jimbo

Do you think Bonds gave ARod lessons on how to hit so poorly in the post season?

IMO, if A-Rod leaves NY and goes to another team like Boston or the Dodgers, he will ultimately be the best player in baseball. A-Rod has a lot of pressure playing in NY with the media, fans and owner.

He could if everything goes right pass Bonds with home runs, plus not being put in with the whole steroid problems.

IMO, if A-Rod leaves NY and goes to another team like Boston or the Dodgers, he will ultimately be the best player in baseball. A-Rod has a lot of pressure playing in NY with the media, fans and owner.

He could if everything goes right pass Bonds with home runs, plus not being put in with the whole steroid problems.

I agree with you ...
I think Alex Rodreguiz IS the best player in baseball.
I think he should be back at short wherever he goes. NY ended up being the only place he would not be at short and people complained when he started at third.

I've watched him since he came up in Seattle with Griffey Jr and Randy Johnson. He was awesome then and playing very well again.
btw, where are all the Yankees fans that mercifully taunted and bashed him last year and wanted him sent out of town ????
Oh ya, THEY LOVE HIM THIS YEAR.

If not for A Rod the Yankees would be 20 games out now, instead of closing the gap (slowly mind you).

fwiw, I will be pulling for him to pass Bonds for the HR record several years from now.

Go Tigers !!!

Jimbo

I agree with you ...
I think Alex Rodreguiz IS the best player in baseball.
I think he should be back at short wherever he goes. NY ended up being the only place he would not be at short and people complained when he started at third.

I've watched him since he came up in Seattle with Griffey Jr and Randy Johnson. He was awesome then and playing very well again.
btw, where are all the Yankees fans that mercifully taunted and bashed him last year and wanted him sent out of town ????
Oh ya, THEY LOVE HIM THIS YEAR.

If not for A Rod the Yankees would be 20 games out now, instead of closing the gap (slowly mind you).

fwiw, I will be pulling for him to pass Bonds for the HR record several years from now.

Go Tigers !!!

Jimbo

If he plays till he's 40 he should have a shot at it.

If he plays till he's 40 he should have a shot at it.

I agree that A-Rod will pass Bonds, all he has to do is stay healthy. This is why I don't care about Bonds getting the record. At least A-Rod will be stink-free. When he leaves the Yankme's, he will be welcome in Detroit.

With the money these guys are making now, there's no incentive to play into your 40's. And we know with Arod, it's all about the money.

I agree that A-Rod will pass Bonds, all he has to do is stay healthy. This is why I don't care about Bonds getting the record. At least A-Rod will be stink-free. When he leaves the Yankme's, he will be welcome in Detroit.

How lucky can I get, just after the rain delay started in the Boston vs. Atlanta game started last night, a line of heavy thunderstorms passed through my area and I lost signal from the satellite for about a half hour.

As soon as the thunderstorms passed and my receiver was able to lock on to the signal again, they were just starting to take the tarp back off the field in Atlanta.

Even better the Red Sox won and the Yankees lost their game in Colorado.

Ken Griffey Jr. is approaching 600 HR's. For me that puts Sosa's and Big Red's HOF credentials in the proper perspective. Neither of them belong in the HOF. Neither could shine Griffey's shoes. One dimensional players, compared to Jr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)