MLB talk

I have a question or comment.....
When I got home from work today, I turned on D* and went to ESPN and found that the Indians game was blacked out (in HD no less).
I was under the impression that the game would be blacked out IF it was available elsewhere... it's not available to me anywhere else, it's not on STO tonight.

What gives ?

Jimbo

That's the way it's supposed to be. It was blacked out for me too and I don't even get STO. They are always blacked out even though I can't get STO.

That's the way it's supposed to be. It was blacked out for me too and I don't even get STO. They are always blacked out even though I can't get STO.

I'm 3.5 hours away from Cleveland.
The Reds were on channel 94 the other night in HD and it was available for me and Cincy is about 4 hours away.

Jimbo

I'm 3.5 hours away from Cleveland.
The Reds were on channel 94 the other night in HD and it was available for me and Cincy is about 4 hours away.

Jimbo

Cincy is about 3 hours from me and Cleveland is about 6 or so. I live in KY and would have to drive all the way up Ohio.

I have a question or comment.....
When I got home from work today, I turned on D* and went to ESPN and found that the Indians game was blacked out (in HD no less).
I was under the impression that the game would be blacked out IF it was available elsewhere... it's not available to me anywhere else, it's not on STO tonight.

What gives ?

Jimbo
Because the games was on CH 3 Cleveland(Can't remeber the station call letters) thus it was provided elsewhere locally. I got the game in Columbus because my local ch 53 CW carries the game locally when the local Cleveland CH 3 has the game not STO. So in D* mind it fall's under blackout rules or MLB's rules. Take your pick on that one. They don't care if a local Toledeo Staion doesn't have that arrangement you still fall under the RSN rules.

Because the games was on CH 3 Cleveland(Can't remeber the station call letters) thus it was provided elsewhere locally. I got the game in Columbus because my local ch 53 CW carries the game locally when the local Cleveland CH 3 has the game not STO. So in D* mind it fall's under blackout rules or MLB's rules. Take your pick on that one. They don't care if a local Toledeo Staion doesn't have that arrangement you still fall under the RSN rules.

I live in KY, why was it blacked out for me?

I suppose I could have turned my antenna and hoped, every once in a while I can get a few channels out of Cleveland .... that said, it would have been impossible to pick out the baseball with all the analog snow associated with it.
Very simimlar to trying to watch a Hockey game on CBC out of Canada ... ya, I can get it, but can't watch it.

Jimbo

WKYC channel 3

When will MLB EVER decide to use the TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE TO THEM ?
Angels get a 3 run hiome run to break open a tie game that a kid CLEARLY REACHED OVER THE WALL AND CAUGHT.

THIS changed the game entirely .....

MLB is pathetic ... :down

Instead of a double and a run scored, they go up by 3.

Reds trade Kyle Loshe to Phillies for LHP Matt Maloney

Mark Teixeira traded along with lefty Ron Mahay to Atlanta in exchange for Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz and a player to be named later.

The Mets acquired second baseman Luis Castillo from the Twins late Monday afternoon in exchange for two Minor Leaguers.

I just found out why it is that I really don't like Barry.

If he doesn't swing the bat, it must be a ball, it's no wonder he leads the league in walks .....

Ever watch his at bats, he gets more pitches than the Braves former pitching staff !!!

Jimbo

well the defending world champions are not deadbirds yet!! sweep the first palce brewers and off to chicago for a showdown. we might night go far but its nice to be excited about the cardinals again!

Yeah, my Reds have been doing better. They have gotten up to 9 1/2 games out now.

well the defending world champions are not deadbirds yet!! sweep the first palce brewers and off to chicago for a showdown. we might night go far but its nice to be excited about the cardinals again!

Yes,
I have been keeping an eye on the Cards move up the standings and you are correct, they are not out of it yet !

Jimbo

Yeah nobody in the Central is out in the NL, well except maybe the Pirates. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)