MLB talk

Ken Griffey Jr. is approaching 600 HR's. For me that puts Sosa's and Big Red's HOF credentials in the proper perspective. Neither of them belong in the HOF. Neither could shine Griffey's shoes. One dimensional players, compared to Jr.

I agree that Griffey is the better player overall, but I still think the other 2 belong in the HOF as long as they are never proved to have taken steroids.

True ... but how much money do you really need when you already have a 100 million dollar contract? The incentive no longer really exists.

They get greedy and nothing is ever enough.

Jimbos; said:
I agree with you ...
I think Alex Rodreguiz IS the best player in baseball.
I think he should be back at short wherever he goes. NY ended up being the only place he would not be at short and people complained when he started at third.

I've watched him since he came up in Seattle with Griffey Jr and Randy Johnson. He was awesome then and playing very well again.
btw, where are all the Yankees fans that mercifully taunted and bashed him last year and wanted him sent out of town ????
Oh ya, THEY LOVE HIM THIS YEAR.

If not for A Rod the Yankees would be 20 games out now, instead of closing the gap (slowly mind you).

fwiw, I will be pulling for him to pass Bonds for the HR record several years from now.

Go Tigers !!!

Jimbo

Griffey saved baseball in Seattle. He should return to where he is loved. And make no mistake, he is held in higher regard here than anywhere else.

A-Rod read Faust the day before he chose his agent. The results have been predictable since then.

Randy Johnson is a mean spirited SOB. Gotta love that in a pitcher!

Just some random thoughts from Hootersville.

With the money these guys are making now, there's no incentive to play into your 40's. And we know with Arod, it's all about the money.

Why do you say that?? Simple capitalism. IF someone thought YOU were the best at what you do, and offer you a ton of money.....are YOU, ME or anyone else gonna say no?!! You guys that are so against the players getting as much as they can while they can, should be drug tested because ALL OF YOU would do the same. You should be bitching about owners that hold cities and states hostage with baseball blackmail disguised as 'petitioning for a ballpark'....:rolleyes:

I am a little disappointed in you Side, for someone that champions the conservative mantra of capitalism, you seem to want to put a 'lid' on what a ballplayer should make.....sounds awfully communistic to me....:rolleyes: Wait, does that word "communistic" even exist? LOL:D Look, plain and simple...every professional athlete demands that their agent get the best possible deal available....if an owner is stupid enough to pay...well, that his HIS fault, not the players.

My wife and I got into a similar argument the other day. She was complaining about how the airlines can sell seat 15a at $250 to Chicago in one website/travel agent...and the next seat can sell for $900..... I told her very simple, there is always one moron that is ALWAYS willing to pay it.......same difference when it comes to professional athletes.

Salsa, you got it right on all counts- supply and demand, and what the market will bear. It always amazes me what people would rather have than money in the bank.

The Reds aren't in last place by themselves anymore. They have the Astros to keep them company and the Pirates are only a 1/2 game ahead. If both the Astros and Pirates lose their next game they could be in 4th by themsleves. Yeah, one place at a time.

How about them Reds? It's about time they started winning. They are tied for 4th now.

Well come Monday, baseball is officially over and Football season begins.:D
Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go .

Welcome football so you can root for another losing team. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)