MLB Trade deadline/rumors thread

What... platoon him at DH with Sheffield, I guess? Let him try to cover ground in that spacious RF until Mags comes back? You DON'T want to do that.

If I were GM and you had a pitching prospect or two, Griffey would be yours.

He could play all day in LF.
Seeing the Tigers have not had a LF in about a year and a half.

Marcus Thames should be out there, but he seems to only play spot duty.
Clete Thomas is there as well and doing fine, but would you rather have a rookie LF'er or a vet with HR capability and someone that can definately go get it.

Jimbo

Since Sandra, a Yankee fan, is back from her vacation,

I'm curious as to what she thinks about the Yankees maybe going after Bay and Sexson.

...would you rather have a rookie LF'er or a vet with HR capability and someone that can definitely go get it.

Jimbo

Griffey? When is the last time you saw him play? There used to be no one better, but he's become a liability in the field in his later years. No speed.

Griffey? When is the last time you saw him play? There used to be no one better, but he's become a liability in the field in his later years. No speed.

I don't know if I would say he is a liability. He is better in the field than Dunn.

The Twins have inquired about three other 3B besides Beltre. The Twins have reportedly inquired about Hank Blalock, Casey Blake, and Garrett Atkins.

The Yankees and Mets are also reportedly interested in Blake.

The Phillies are interested in Oakland starter Joe Blanton.

The Twins have inquired about three other 3B besides Beltre. The Twins have reportedly inquired about Hank Blalock, Casey Blake, and Garrett Atkins.

The Yankees and Mets are also reportedly interested in Blake.

The Phillies are interested in Oakland starter Joe Blanton.

I wouldn't doubt that. Blake's having a good year and he is a free agent next year. I'd imagine if the Indians don't expect to sign him next year, that they would accept a trade.

Me too! I'm the 43-year-old "burner"! :p

I am only 34, but I can tell the difference from 10 years ago when I could play many games all day long. I can't do that anymore or my arm would fall off.

I wouldn't doubt that. Blake's having a good year and he is a free agent next year. I'd imagine if the Indians don't expect to sign him next year, that they would accept a trade.

I agree, as I've always liked Blake. What I don't understand is the Yankees (A-Rod) and Mets (Wright) interest in him. Maybe, if either team aquired Casey, they intend on moving him back to the outfield? Either way, he's too good to be on the bench.

I agree, as I've always liked Blake. What I don't understand is the Yankees (A-Rod) and Mets (Wright) interest in him. Maybe, if either team aquired Casey, they intend on moving him back to the outfield? Either way, he's too good to be on the bench.

He's a great utility guy. He can play 1st, 3rd, right or left field. I think he's even played SS or 2B in an instance this year. And despite being moved around constantly, the guy never complained once. He's easily one of my favorite current Indians and I would be sad to see him go.

He's a great utility guy. He can play 1st, 3rd, right or left field. I think he's even played SS or 2B in an instance this year. And despite being moved around constantly, the guy never complained once. He's easily one of my favorite current Indians and I would be sad to see him go.

I thought he was playing regularly, also thought he was in the outfield, but I knew he also played 3rd.

HDMM,
Where is his best position.

Why would the Yankees be looking for him, to play WHERE ?
Whats wrong with A Rod ?

I thought he was playing regularly, also thought he was in the outfield, but I knew he also played 3rd.

HDMM,
Where is his best position.

Why would the Yankees be looking for him, to play WHERE ?
Whats wrong with A Rod ?

He's played 3B the majority of this year. He's only a slightly above third baseman IMO, so the Yankees are probably thinking of using him in Left Field to replace Brett Gardener.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts