MLB Trade deadline/rumors thread

He's got "nothing" to lose. The Yankees will be paying him the prorated minimum of $390,000.
He's still going to make his $14 M salary (I just threw up a little) this year. Do you really think athletes in this day and age feel pressure to perform to par with their salaries?? They don't.

I was referring to the media and fan pressure a market the size of NY brings. Many players over the years found out they couldn't handle it and are now playing elsewhere...

He's still going to make his $14 M salary (I just threw up a little) this year. Do you really think athletes in this day and age feel pressure to perform to par with their salaries?? They don't.

I was referring to the media and fan pressure a market the size of NY brings. Many players over the years found out they couldn't handle it and are now playing elsewhere...

Sure, that's a possibility. We shall see.

Yankees are now potential suitors for Xavier Nady.

Rockies might consider Ian Kennedy straight up for Fuentes (if the Yankees are willing to part with Kennedy).

Damaso Marte- The Cardinals, Mets, Red Sox , and Rays are all interested in the Pirates reliever.

im a yankee fan and i would deal Kennedy immediately for Fuentes and you should also add the yankees to teams interested in Demaso Marte

The Mets are indeed interested in Casey Blake for OF help.

This from newsday.com:

There are a few question marks. With Moises Alou gone for the year, and Ryan Church, despite his progress, still iffy with post-concussion/migraine symptoms, the Mets could use another outfielder. With the prices too high for Matt Holliday, Xavier Nady and Jason Bay, Minaya is more likely to poke around deals for Raul Ibanez or Casey Blake.

Sexson, a former Indian, nice!

Sexson has a lot of power on occasion and I think he will do well on the Yankees. The pressure from being removed from that massive contract he was overpaid for in Seattle is now erased...

I respectfully disagree,
I think YES he will be out of the huge contract, but the pressure of playing in NY is 10 times that of playing in Seattle.

He probably let the Indians for the money and now will go to NY to play part time and platoon till they get the outfield player they want, they always go out and buy the players others can't afford anymore...

Personally I don't think he's nearly the player he once was.

Jimbo

I'm not trying to say Sexson will succumb to any pressure, just that he won't be given a free pass if he doesn't perform well because the Yanks are "only" paying him $390 K....

He'll just move to the bench like the rest of the old timers they collect.
The Young guys are going to be the ones that will have to prove thier worth if this team is going to go anywhere.

Jimbo

Pressure aside, the risk/reward scale on the Sexson signing is in favor of the Yankees. $390K is chump change for them.

Sexson was suppose to be the Man and the #4 hitter for the Mariners.

He will now be the Right handed portion of a platoon batting in the #6-7 spot in NY.

Far more pressure in the former.

Apperently the Florida Marlin's asked the Tigers about Pudge Rodreguiz as they are looking for a vetern catcher.

I scratched my head over this, thinking, we have Pudge, (starting to play better offensively) and we have Brandon Inge, nothing wrong with Inge, but catcher is NOT his preferred position and he's only wanting to catch when nessasary .. They brought up a guy from AAA for a bit, but I think he's a ways away.

Were the Marlin's really thinking that the Tigers would give up Pudge when they have basically NO ONE BEHIND HIM ?

Ya, we'll give you Pudge for , oh say Hanley , how's that look to you ?

Jimbo

Another rumor around these parts that just won't die is, Kevin Youkilis and Craig Hansen to the Braves for Mark Teixeira. I personally would HATE that trade.

Last edited: