MLB Trade deadline/rumors thread

Another rumor around these parts that just won't die is, Kevin Youkilis and Craig Hansen to the Braves for Mark Teixeira. I personally would HATE that trade.

I'm not sure what I think of this potential trade yet.
It would give Youkilus a chance to play regularly, I actually like the trade, but only from the Tigers perspective, he normally kills Detroit ...

jimbo

Me too. But Matt Holliday, now you're talking...

If that three team trade ever happened- Carlos Beltran to Colorado, Manny Ramirez to the Mets, and Holliday to the Red Sox.........I would be doing cartwheels! :D BTW, I never put any merit in that particular trade rumor.

I'm not sure what I think of this potential trade yet.
It would give Youkilus a chance to play regularly, I actually like the trade, but only from the Tigers perspective, he normally kills Detroit ...

jimbo

Youkilis plays everyday now.

And the A's annual firesale continues....................

IMO, Billy Beane is no longer a genius.

You know what? I have sided them since 1999, and they are STILL getting rid of anyone who is good (Giambi, Dye, etc.)

I said that if Oakland continues to get rid of their best players, I am through with them!

If Oakland gets rid of one more decent player, I am severing my A's ties permanently and jumping aboard the Indians bandwagon!

You know what? I have sided them since 1999, and they are STILL getting rid of anyone who is good (Giambi, Dye, etc.)

I said that if Oakland continues to get rid of their best players, I am through with them!

If Oakland gets rid of one more decent player, I am severing my A's ties permanently and jumping aboard the Indians bandwagon!

Sorry to say, Huston Street could be next.

Doesn't he split time when Ortiz is healthy ?
He's one of those guys that I hate to see on the opposition and would love to have on my team. (Youkilis)

Jimbo

No. Youk has been the full-time 1B for the last 2 1/2 seasons. And I agree, Youk is a dirt dog. He may not be the mosted gifted baseball player in the world, but boy is he gritty. And he surprised everyone in 2007 with his defense......and won a Gold Glove.

I hate to say it, but the Indians along with most other mid-market teams have the same strategy. Develop young talent from within. Keep as long as possible, then trade before they become free agents in which they would demand a salary too rich for mid-market teams to accept.

Until there's a salary cap, this is the way Billy Bean, Mark Shapiro or others will continue to operate.

I hate to say it, but the Indians along with most other mid-market teams have the same strategy. Develop young talent from within. Keep as long as possible, then trade before they become free agents in which they would demand a salary too rich for mid-market teams to accept.

Until there's a salary cap, this is the way Billy Bean, Mark Shapiro or others will continue to operate.

Hey Sabresrule,
There's nothing saying you can't root for more than one team :)

Jimbo

The Rays have their eyes on three Rockies: Brian Fuentes, Cliff Barmes, and Willy Taveras.

As far as the sinking ship of the Seattle Mariners are concerned:

Eric Bedard will now be out until Aug., maybe the season scratch him from being traded.

JJ Putz returns on Sun. 7/20, Arthur Rhodes will be dangled-Yankees, Rays and Cubs mentioned as interested.

Jarrod Washburn also being shopped but only the Cards seem interested.

Adrian Beltre and Raul Ibanez will only be traded if they can acquire a big-bat in return, for them or via other deals. Beltre and Ibanez are the only multi-base hitters they have, dealing them without a big-bat in return would make scoring impossible.

As far as the sinking ship of the Seattle Mariners are concerned:

Eric Bedard will now be out until Aug., maybe the season scratch him from being traded.

JJ Putz returns on Sun. 7/20, Arthur Rhodes will be dangled-Yankees, Rays and Cubs mentioned as interested.

Jarrod Washburn also being shopped but only the Cards seem interested.

Adrian Beltre and Raul Ibanez will only be traded if they can acquire a big-bat in return, for them or via other deals. Beltre and Ibanez are the only multi-base hitters they have, dealing them without a big-bat in return would make scoring impossible.

There's another closer the Tigers should be looking into ....

Jimbo

Supposedly the Brewers have moved AA prospect catcher Angel Salome, AAAA player Brad Nelson, and light hitting single A prospect Darren Ford to the Giants for Ray Durham and left handed bullpen pitcher Jack Taschner.

Supposedly the Brewers have moved AA prospect catcher Angel Salome, AAAA player Brad Nelson, and light hitting single A prospect Darren Ford to the Giants for Ray Durham and left handed bullpen pitcher Jack Taschner.

Wow, good for the Brewers. They are definetly going for it this year.

Dodgers have expressed interest in three shortstops: Cristian Guzman, Jack Wilson, and David Eckstein.

White Sox have expressed interest in Huston Street.

Phillies have expressed interest in Matt Holliday??? (I don't get this one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)