MLB Trades and Rumors

No. Bench is #1. That much is determined. I offered 3 names that would be debatable better than Pudge though.

Hitting .300 ten times, Pudge also hit 15 plus homers ten times, with a career high of 35 in 1999, when he hit .332 with 113 RBIs and an astounding 25 stolen bases, and was named MVP. 14 All Star games, 13 Gold Gloves(not 12 as I thought) and seven Silver Sluggers. He has 132 errors in 19 seasons, and has cut down 48% of runners that have tried to steal, and has achieved a fielding percentage of .995 over his career.

TO ME, quite possibly THE MOST complete catcher of ALL TIME. IF it weren't for me being such a HUGE Johnny Bench mark...I would put him ABOVE Bench because NO CATCHER has EVER played more games at his position.

Hitting .300 ten times, Pudge also hit 15 plus homers ten times, with a career high of 35 in 1999, when he hit .332 with 113 RBIs and an astounding 25 stolen bases, and was named MVP. 14 All Star games, 13 Gold Gloves(not 12 as I thought) and seven Silver Sluggers. He has 132 errors in 19 seasons, and has cut down 48% of runners that have tried to steal, and has achieved a fielding percentage of .995 over his career.

TO ME, quite possibly THE MOST complete catcher of ALL TIME. IF it weren't for me being such a HUGE Johnny Bench mark...I would put him ABOVE Bench because NO CATCHER has EVER played more games at his position.

Right. Like I said it's debatable. Pudge was a great one. I just have other doubts on the incredible shrinking man, but that's a topic for another day. :)

Right. Like I said it's debatable. Pudge was a great one. I just have other doubts on the incredible shrinking man, but that's a topic for another day. :)

Oh...Skeletor?! As much as I love him, I think he might have been on the Juice too. But he had SKILLZ, all the juice might have done is give him to more years to the end of his career.

Nope, just me, what has Joe had to say ?
You never watch Sunday night baseball? Joe can never do a game without comparing someone currently in the game to someone on the Big Red Machine, especially Bench. It seems as though Morgan has a man crush on Bench.

You never watch Sunday night baseball? Joe can never do a game without comparing someone currently in the game to someone on the Big Red Machine, especially Bench. It seems as though Morgan has a man crush on Bench.

He played with the quite possibly the greatest catcher ever and played with one of the best teams of all time.

They just signed him. Too little too late. Still won't help as the Rockies and Giants will be the ones going to the playoffs.

They just signed him. Too little too late. Still won't help as the Rockies and Giants will be the ones going to the playoffs.

Nothing like keeping the "glass half full" :p, I follow the Dodgers too and have seen you're other topic about them missing the playoffs because of Torre but I still don't see it. I think they'll make it, but doing anything in the playoffs is another story.

Nothing like keeping the "glass half full" :p, I follow the Dodgers too and have seen you're other topic about them missing the playoffs because of Torre but I still don't see it. I think they'll make it, but doing anything in the playoffs is another story.

I agree! The NL West is going to be like the AL West...down to the final week to decide who's in. But the NL West will be far more a "nail biter" as there will be three teams going after it with one coming away empty.

This is fun to watch! The West is competative again!!!!

Now people are starting to see what I have been saying all along. You are finally starting to see why I said the Dodgers will not make the playoffs even when they had a 10+ game lead and everyone thought the division was theirs.

Now people are starting to see what I have been saying all along. You are finally starting to see why I said the Dodgers will not make the playoffs even when they had a 10+ game lead and everyone thought the division was theirs.

The Dodgers held the Cubs to one hit, and you still are complaining?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)