MLB Trades and Rumors

IF this is true, wow, I think the Blue Jays could be making a HUGE mistake. This kid can play! I WISH it was the Marlins trying to claim him....I would LOVE him to by on MY team!!!

I totally agree!! :up

Rios is a great talent (he's always killed the Red Sox)!

I would love to see him end up on the Marlins (my favorite NL team).

Red Sox Put In Claim On Guzman?

By Eddie Schmid [August 9 at 9:32am CST]
With the recent injury to Jed Lowrie, the Red Sox have accelerated their search for a big-league shortstop. That search has led them to claim Cristian Guzman from the Nationals, says Nick Cafardo at the Boston Globe. The Nationals can either allow Guzman to be claimed, pull him back from waivers, or try to work out a deal in the next 48 hours.
Guzman is in the first year of a two-year, $16MM contract, and the Sox would likely be on the hook for his prorated salary this year and $8MM next year. The 31-year-old Guzman is batting .315/.333/.437 this year. If the Sox are awarded the claim, which has not been confirmed, this means he has likely been passed on by all of the NL and a significant portion of the AL, or that the Sox were awarded the claim over the other claiming team(s).

I totally agree!! :up

Rios is a great talent (he's always killed the Red Sox)!

This waiver thing is one strange and complex thing....The rumor is it was the White Sox. I would love the Marlins to show some balls, but they won't add $$$.....especially $60 million....damn.:(

David Weathers just got traded from the Reds to the Brewers.

...The Nationals can either allow Guzman to be claimed, pull him back from waivers, or try to work out a deal in the next 48 hours.
Guzman is in the first year of a two-year, $16MM contract, and the Sox would likely be on the hook for his prorated salary this year and $8MM next year...

While the Nationals would benefit enough just from the salary dump, negotiation is negotiation, and the Nationals will demand at least one minor leaguer. Amazing how fast the Red Sox gigantic stockpile of pitchers got consumed.

While the Nationals would benefit enough just from the salary dump, negotiation is negotiation, and the Nationals will demand at least one minor leaguer. Amazing how fast the Red Sox gigantic stockpile of pitchers got consumed.

If I were the Nationals I would demand a king's ransom for Guzman, knowing how desperate the Red Sox shortstop situation is.

Amazing how one weekend, you get swept by quite possibly, the worst team in the National League(eventhough they are now on a 9 game winning streak and the hottest team in the Majors), then go INTO the defending World Series Champs' backyard and sweep them.....

....damn this baseball is a strange game....LOL!:confused:;)

Pudge back to the Rangers????

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4407445"]Texas Rangers agree to trade with Houston Astros to acquire catcher Ivan Rodriguez - ESPN[/ame]

Is Salty hurt more than they are telling us????

wow...how he mighty have fallen....:( THE BEST catcher since Johnny Bench. And if it weren't for Johnny Bench, probably the greatest catcher EVER.

...to be a back up now....sad.

Yogi Berra, Gary Carter and Carlton Fisk might have something to say about that. ;)

About What ?

Your not trying to sell those guys as being better catchers than Bench, are you ?
Particularly Carter...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)