Mobile Home Park

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you own the trailer you could put up to a 1 meter dish with no issues. The land you rent so there may be some issues if the trailer park owner says you cant do that

But I've seen numerous Slimline and Dish 1000.2 dishes in mobile home parks

If you own the trailer you could put up to a 1 meter dish with no issues. The land you rent so there may be some issues if the trailer park owner says you cant do that

But I've seen numerous Slimline and Dish 1000.2 dishes in mobile home parks

Yes, I rent the space, I want to install geosat 90cm, I want to put a schedule40 steel pipe, so I dont have to drill into the roof. My neighbor has the big direct tv
dish, the one with hd. the geosat does not look much bigger than that. once,
the weather breaks, will put it up, see if i get any complaints. by the way i do own the mobile home, we all do here, no rentals allowed here

Anyone have an FTA dish up in a mobile home park, what are restrictions, I see alot
of the big direct tv and dishnet dishes with triple lnb.

As mentioned above if you own your trailer and lot you can do what you want as long as the dish is under 1 meter in size.
If you live on rental property check with the landlord if they have any antenna/dish restrictions before installing.

Last edited:
Yes, I rent the space, I want to install geosat 90cm, I want to put a schedule40 steel pipe, so I dont have to drill into the roof. My neighbor has the big direct tv
dish, the one with hd. the geosat does not look much bigger than that. once,
the weather breaks, will put it up, see if i get any complaints. by the way i do own the mobile home, we all do here, no rentals allowed here
They more than likely won't object to an install if you see dishes around. Most landlords would rather you put it on a pole than mount on the roof..so you should be ok.

is the neighbors dish a pole mount?

Iceberg, his is mounted on close to edge of eave on top of roof, with 2 mono poles
for more security, tomorrow will take pics and post. but his direct tv dish
looks bigger than the earlier dish that also was for high def. most people
here have the mount attached to facial board, some have dishes on ground
using a pole.

Last edited:
some have dishes on ground
using a pole.
since some have pole mounts then there really shouldnt be an issue but check with the trailer park in case there might be some rules as to where its placed

It depends on the park owner and their rules and regulations (if they have any).
Speaking as a mobile home park owner myself - I would ask the owner about it first and DEFINITELY ask if you intend on putting a pole in the ground, since there are often many underground utilities that you could hit with disastrous and costly results.

I wouldn't think a smaller dish mounted on your mobile home would be a problem though, unless the park owner is very particular and you've signed rules and regulations that state they are not permitted, but I've never heard of that before. Many of our tenants have little dishes and we have no problem with it.

I frankly have had more difficulty with the local cable company. They ran cable across an empty lot of ours and they left the cable hanging at about neck level, so I have to duck under it or get clothes-lined when I'm mowing the grass. I had to go :rant:at them and they finally fixed it.

In general, it's a good idea to talk to the park owner about things like this, because we sometimes don't like surprises. ;)

Yeah, gas lines and electrical are major concerns when setting a pole. I'm in a park and my pole is mounted to the side of my trailer sticking about 2' above the roof line. No need to set it in the ground.

Yeah, gas lines and electrical are major concerns when setting a pole. I'm in a park and my pole is mounted to the side of my trailer sticking about 2' above the roof line. No need to set it in the ground.

thnks for response to you and others, what size dish you have? my ideal, was
to buy a 2 inch schedule 40 steel pipe, attached to side of house, with brackets
against the facial board. maybe 2 ft in ground with cement. but you are right,
will speak to manager, I have read the park rules, and satellite dishes are not
in the rules. can you take a pic of your setup and post it. will be using a sg2100
motor, geosat90cm or winegard 76cm. i have both dishes

Last edited:
I have a 10' x 2" pipe for my primestar 84e. I bought four of the biggest L-brackets I could find and sandwiched the pipe between two of them bolted together. I attached them at the facia and at the bottom on the rim (floor) joist. It is very solid.

My park had no clause stating anything about dishes, and my park manager usually defers to the city or county codes. Our county has no restrictions on dishes less than 36". I'm a little beyond that at 41" wide, but will claim ignorance if anyone gripes.

I am hoping to put in a six footer some day. The county only regulates setting a pole, and the view of the dish from the street (bushes or fence must be in place an extend past 50% of the dishes height). I was going to put it on a non-penitrating mount and consider it temporary. It will be hidden from the street by my enclosed deck. If people gripe, I will break it down and store it.

I have a 10' x 2" pipe for my primestar 84e. I bought four of the biggest L-brackets I could find and sandwiched the pipe between two of them bolted together. I attached them at the facia and at the bottom on the rim (floor) joist. It is very solid.

My park had no clause stating anything about dishes, and my park manager usually defers to the city or county codes. Our county has no restrictions on dishes less than 36". I'm a little beyond that at 41" wide, but will claim ignorance if anyone gripes.

I am hoping to put in a six footer some day. The county only regulates setting a pole, and the view of the dish from the street (bushes or fence must be in place an extend past 50% of the dishes height). I was going to put it on a non-penitrating mount and consider it temporary. It will be hidden from the street by my enclosed deck. If people gripe, I will break it down and store it.

I was thinking about same line, except I was going to dig down 2 or 3ft, but since
you described yours, if you have a digital camera, send me a pic. I guess you are
using a motor.

My brother-in-law manages the trailer park he lives in. The local cable company hit one of the electric lines feeding his trailer and it caused all kinds of problems for him. So be sure to check before you dig!

There are a couple trailer parks near my house and until about a couple years ago they had big C-Band dishes for G5 programming. I remember my buddy's dad had "cable" but it was just the G5 stuff on different channels

Sadly those dishes are gone...I wish I could have got them :(

There are a couple trailer parks near my house and until about a couple years ago they had big C-Band dishes for G5 programming. I remember my buddy's dad had "cable" but it was just the G5 stuff on different channels

Sadly those dishes are gone...I wish I could have got them :(

Was coming from the Flea Market today, while driving I noticed what looked
like Perfect Mesh 10ft Dish, looked abandon, people have DN. How many dishes
you have now, about 20?

Here you go. It's not pretty, but it works well.

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 114
  • mbud1.jpg
    mbud1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 123
Here you go. It's not pretty, but it works well.

Thanks for the Pics, Later will take Pictures of my roof and facial boards, then
someone can give me input.
By the Way, I talked to the Resident Manager today, about the FCC ruling,
concerning no larger than 1.0 meter dishes. So I got the GREEN LIGHT:)
As you all Know will install my geosat96cm, which I bought from our Sponsor
here AV Satellite. along with sg2100. Not sure if, I should use my Invacom
or the Bullet that came with dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)