model R 15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dickshar

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I am new member and as a new R 15 owner, I am not sure how to proceed. I am having some of the problems that other members are. In addition, I find that my users manual does not have instructions for all of the screens that are available. I have called Directv for help, but they do not seem to know any more than I do. Does anyone know how I can access a manual that covers how to access all of the screens including the sequence that must be followed?

Dickshar, I have had my R15 since December 2nd and have had all of the same problems also. The first thing that I noticed was that the manual is lacking. I went to the Directv website and basically found that the manual is from the manufacturer. Whoever put that together did a very poor job.

dickshar said:
I am new member and as a new R 15 owner, I am not sure how to proceed. I am having some of the problems that other members are. In addition, I find that my users manual does not have instructions for all of the screens that are available. I have called Directv for help, but they do not seem to know any more than I do. Does anyone know how I can access a manual that covers how to access all of the screens including the sequence that must be followed?

There are no better manuals available.
Did you speak with Advanced Tech Support?

D* does have a few R15s per call center. Sooner or later you should find someone who knows a little about it...

... but it is, indeed, a first generation product, and you will have problems regardless.

H

As a dealer I also find the manual lacking, after talking to 5 different techs(?) I got my problem solved and was told to check the manual on the website. Apparently they update that version as new information is added. But yes there is a lot of information glossed over instead of explained in detail. You might also try ch 593 they have been running some training video on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)