model R 15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dickshar

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I am new member and as a new R 15 owner, I am not sure how to proceed. I am having some of the problems that other members are. In addition, I find that my users manual does not have instructions for all of the screens that are available. I have called Directv for help, but they do not seem to know any more than I do. Does anyone know how I can access a manual that covers how to access all of the screens including the sequence that must be followed?

Dickshar, I have had my R15 since December 2nd and have had all of the same problems also. The first thing that I noticed was that the manual is lacking. I went to the Directv website and basically found that the manual is from the manufacturer. Whoever put that together did a very poor job.

dickshar said:
I am new member and as a new R 15 owner, I am not sure how to proceed. I am having some of the problems that other members are. In addition, I find that my users manual does not have instructions for all of the screens that are available. I have called Directv for help, but they do not seem to know any more than I do. Does anyone know how I can access a manual that covers how to access all of the screens including the sequence that must be followed?

There are no better manuals available.
Did you speak with Advanced Tech Support?

D* does have a few R15s per call center. Sooner or later you should find someone who knows a little about it...

... but it is, indeed, a first generation product, and you will have problems regardless.

H

As a dealer I also find the manual lacking, after talking to 5 different techs(?) I got my problem solved and was told to check the manual on the website. Apparently they update that version as new information is added. But yes there is a lot of information glossed over instead of explained in detail. You might also try ch 593 they have been running some training video on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.