Monsters HD online petition

Dish should have exercised the option. 15 channels of true HD content is eons better than The Fishing Channel. I don't watch The Weather Channel, much less TWC in HD. If space is an issue, I don't see why they couldn't have cut down on the massive amounts of sports channel reserves -- there's 12 for NBA alone, and they all air the same thing.

I would happily pay extra for the Voom channels, but Dish doesn't seem to get the message. Sounds like Cowboy Charlie reminding everybody that he has the biggest penis again.

That isa lot of bumping guys. If your cause has support it won't be necessary. good luck!

According to a rumor Scott posted, DISH WANTED to keep Monsters (and the other 4), but Voom said it was all or nothing.

So maybe we need a petition directed at Voom too.

I agree, something to the tune of we're willing to petition DISH to take them back, but, they have to be willing to fullfill the terms of their contract and put the required money into their programming content.:)

Monsters HD

ADVISORY: MONSTERS HD DISH SUBSCRIBERS
To our viewers: Thank you for contacting us about the VOOM HD channels. We truly regret that our world class suite of 15 high definition channels is no longer available to you and other Dish subscribers,but this decision was made solely by the Dish network and is something we urged them not to do. We hope that you will be able to view the VOOM HD channels again soon. If you would like to express your dissatisfaction with Dish's decision to drop the VOOM channels then please contact them directly. Thank you for your support!

^^ yep this was posted over at the Fangoria boards also. At least they didn't turn a blind eye to what is going on. I hope Voom understands what is at stake here.

"Dear subscriber,

We understand you shelling out your hard earned money to us for various items of interest. Please be advised that we will continue to suck more money out of your ass and give you far less product - both in quality and in quantity - than before. You will like it, or we will shut you off. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Dish Network Customer Dissatisfaction Department"

did anyone post the petition link on the fangoria forums? You should, if it's not there already. The digg link, and the petition. It'd rock hard to wake up in the morning and see a thousand + signatures on there to take to Cowboy Charlie. I'd attach them to the end of his pointy boot and.. Well, you know the rest.

There is a Monsters HD thread on the Fango boards that I participate in and someone posted the petition there.

Monsters HD

To our viewers: Thank you for contacting us about the VOOM HD channels. We truly regret that our world class suite of 15 high definition channels is no longer available to you and other Dish subscribers,but this decision was made solely by the Dish network and is something we urged them not to do. We hope that you will be able to view the VOOM HD channels again soon. If you would like to express your dissatisfaction with Dish's decision to drop the VOOM channels then please contact them directly. Thank you for your support!

I notice that they don't acknowledge their part in this, i.e. not following the terms of their contract and spending the required money on their programming:D

seriously...you think a petition (online no less) will get Dish to do anything? Also I really like what is posted above

it should say this

We truly regret that our world class suite of 15 high definition channels is no longer available to you and other Dish subscribers,
because we didnt hold up our end of the bargain with Dish so they got rid of us
but this decision was made solely by the Dish network and is something we urged them not to do.
because we sucked once already as a stand alone satellite provider and Dish bought us out so we figured "hey Dish will keep our crap on here". Guess we were wrong
We hope that you will be able to view the VOOM HD channels again soon.
obviously they forget how Dish plays when they take down channels
If you would like to express your dissatisfaction with Dish's decision to drop the VOOM channels then please contact them directly. Thank you for your support!
yeah don't whine to us because we sucked and didnt follow the agreement we had with Dish.

seriously...you think a petition (online no less) will get Dish to do anything? Also I really like what is posted above

it should say this

because we didnt hold up our end of the bargain with Dish so they got rid of us

because we sucked once already as a stand alone satellite provider and Dish bought us out so we figured "hey Dish will keep our crap on here". Guess we were wrong

obviously they forget how Dish plays when they take down channels

yeah don't whine to us because we sucked and didnt follow the agreement we had with Dish.

Were you privy to the actual court documents? Also, what would you suggest "VOOMers" to do in this matter? Bend over and let them stick it? Nobody said it would ever work, but I like to think we live in a democracy where people have a right to voice their opinion. This isn't Cold War Russia...As PAYING customers (most of us their top $$$ customers) you better believe some people will do whatever they can to let Dish know of their displeasure.

Iceboy, go troll some other thread.

The way I see it (as I've mentioned before, and on other threads): As it stands right now, we have 224 signatures. Voom channels were all in the top tier, so we assume each of these customers were paying the $20/mo on top of what they were already paying. Figuring in this fact alone, that's an extra $4,480 on a monthly basis. Yearly? $53,760 (I'm tired here, so correct me if there's an error in my math.) Now, assuming that these people all downgrade from the $20 to the $10, you're dividing by two: that's still $26,880 that they're losing out on. It may not seem like much, but when you're losing that much yearly over something you could be profiting heavily on, that's still a big chunk of change. And it's been mentioned several times: Dish is a business. Sure, I'll go with that -- but isn't the objective of any business PROFIT? Especially easy profit? All they have to do is flip a switch, charge the subscriber, and pocket the money monthly. Trust me, from a business standpoint, if it was that easy to make $26,000 a year just by sitting on your ass, you'd do it.

Iceboy, go troll some other thread.

The way I see it (as I've mentioned before, and on other threads): As it stands right now, we have 224 signatures. Voom channels were all in the top tier, so we assume each of these customers were paying the $20/mo on top of what they were already paying. Figuring in this fact alone, that's an extra $4,480 on a monthly basis. Yearly? $53,760 (I'm tired here, so correct me if there's an error in my math.) Now, assuming that these people all downgrade from the $20 to the $10, you're dividing by two: that's still $26,880 that they're losing out on. It may not seem like much, but when you're losing that much yearly over something you could be profiting heavily on, that's still a big chunk of change. And it's been mentioned several times: Dish is a business. Sure, I'll go with that -- but isn't the objective of any business PROFIT? Especially easy profit? All they have to do is flip a switch, charge the subscriber, and pocket the money monthly. Trust me, from a business standpoint, if it was that easy to make $26,000 a year just by sitting on your ass, you'd do it.

Well, Dish's argument is that they were losing money because of Voom and it (along with the economy) was driving down the number of new subscribers. However, Dish was still able to turn a profit last quarter despite the huge decline. Instead of speaking the truth (the competition is kicking our butts), they turn Voom into a blame diversion AFTER they add the new channels, deceiving customers by their misleading earnings press release.

Frankly, I don't know who to believe. When both sides are blaming the other for the programming loss, I tend to believe the answer is somewhere in the middle (both parties screwed up in some capacity).