Monsters HD online petition

Were you privy to the actual court documents? Also, what would you suggest "VOOMers" to do in this matter? Bend over and let them stick it? Nobody said it would ever work, but I like to think we live in a democracy where people have a right to voice their opinion. This isn't Cold War Russia...As PAYING customers (most of us their top $$$ customers) you better believe some people will do whatever they can to let Dish know of their displeasure.

Court documents:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=24369&d=1210032214

Posted on this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/134400-now-here-read.html

This is the funniest thread today.

Hands down.

agreed :)

If Voom was so great, how come nobody has picked it up? Other than Cablevision (which by the way is owned by same people as Voom) who else has it??

The only thing Voom was good for is the receiver...an OTA digital tuner :D

So do you always cut and paste the same comment in every thread? Based on your post history I’d finger you for a troll.

Glad you're not a mod then. You'd have 6 members on your board.

And this thread, like the others I posted the same post in, is nothing but a bunch of sour grapes posts immaturely talking about TAKING THEIR MONEY ELSE WHERE!!1111

When no one really cares.

So, I sit back at my desk, realize its only TV that we are talking about here, and laugh at how upset people are, and how they are self absorbed enough to think any of us out there really care.

I am glad that I made you care enough about me to go through my post history though, I will make sure to keep doing what I am doing. ;)

(this would have been better served as a PM BTW, thread crapper and flame war baiter)

If Voom was so great, how come nobody has picked it up? Other than Cablevision (which by the way is owned by same people as Voom) who else has it??

They died once cus no one cared enough, this is #2 for them.

Direct would be stupid to pick them up.

Well, I just downgraded my package today. I'm saving roughly $50 a month now.
Disabled a reciever and got rid of Showtime, HBO, Starz and Cinemax.

I don't know of any other way but to fight them with my pocketbook. :mad:

They said they have had A LOT of calls about the loss of channels.

not the brightest move to say that to a staff member :rolleyes:

Dish feels they have other programming and transponder space that can be used in a better way :)

VOOM never had a lot of subs either as a standalone service or on DISH. But it definitely had a fanatical cult following. i suspect that in a few d ays several people will have a bit more perspective and will regret much of what has been posted.

VOOM never had a lot of subs either as a standalone service or on DISH. But it definitely had a fanatical cult following. i suspect that in a few d ays several people will have a bit more perspective and will regret much of what has been posted.

I suspect you'll be disappointed.

Cryptic message score card concerning the "next few days".

Scott - 1
Geronimo - 1

Hmmmmmmmmm

I think something is going on.

I really need that paypal money to hit my account so I can dish out $19.99 for the pub, I have a feeling those people may have even more info.

But in all seriousness, Voom at best, was niche. Yes, I am sure I would have loved that Monsters channels, and I myself, ordered the Ultimate package that NIGHT they removed Voom, then canceled it because the loss of 10 (now 15) channels didn't make it a good "deal" to me.

But it sure as hell isn't effecting my life to the point of some of the members here.

And it sure isnt worth switching provides for, to get new, inferior equipment, and paying more, just to prove some point that no one cares about in the first place.

Glad you're not a mod then. You'd have 6 members on your board.

And this thread, like the others I posted the same post in, is nothing but a bunch of sour grapes posts immaturely talking about TAKING THEIR MONEY ELSE WHERE!!1111

When no one really cares.

So, I sit back at my desk, realize its only TV that we are talking about here, and laugh at how upset people are, and how they are self absorbed enough to think any of us out there really care.

I am glad that I made you care enough about me to go through my post history though, I will make sure to keep doing what I am doing. ;)

(this would have been better served as a PM BTW, thread crapper and flame war baiter)

They died once cus no one cared enough, this is #2 for them.

Direct would be stupid to pick them up.

Doug if you're only going to dangle flame bait then please leave the thread. If this banter doesn't interest you then don't come in here.

I understand it's a public forum - it's the exact reason why I outted you as a troll to begin with.

When you have a solid answer as to why unsatisfied customers shouldn't take their money elsewhere I'll be glad to listen.

I find it disappointing that so many people simply don't care that Dish is cutting channels for no reason.

I signed up for Dish the day after buying my first HDTV. I picked Dish because it had Monsters HD. The second the tech left, I turned on Monsters and watched NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD in glorious HD, the first HD experience I ever had on my own set. Up until yesterday, I watched MonstersHD more than every other non network HD channel combined. Now it's gone and I just had to pay $5 to drop the Ultimate HD package because the contents had changed dramatically.

But I guess that shouldn't matter to the masses since only "niche" customers watched VOOM channels. Never mind the fact that it was replaced with more channels that no one is going to watch. Channels that aren't even 24/7 HD. We'll just keep our criticisms to ourselves and say "Thank you sir, may I have another" while Dish lets us down again.

Sorry for caring.

Cryptic message score card concerning the "next few days".

Scott - 1
Geronimo - 1

Hmmmmmmmmm

I think something is going on.

I really need that paypal money to hit my account so I can dish out $19.99 for the pub, I have a feeling those people may have even more info.

But in all seriousness, Voom at best, was niche. Yes, I am sure I would have loved that Monsters channels, and I myself, ordered the Ultimate package that NIGHT they removed Voom, then canceled it because the loss of 10 (now 15) channels didn't make it a good "deal" to me.

But it sure as hell isn't effecting my life to the point of some of the members here.

And it sure isnt worth switching provides for, to get new, inferior equipment, and paying more.

It's not impacting anyone's lives, it's more a matter of extremely POOR and SLEAZY tactics on how Dish has handled this and how they tried to shove a big B.S. sandwich down everyone's (mainly new subscriber's) throats, assuming they're ignorant to the truth. Given Charlie's horrendous performance in the past and now this, what can and will he do next? He obviously has no idea how to engage in positive PR...He had everyone begging his praises when the 22 newb's hit, but in a matter of 24-48hrs, he has taken another step backward. It's always 2 steps forward, 3 steps back with him.

I probably take a little more offense to this, because Monsters was BY FAR my favorite channels. But, the real problem I have is what I stated above.

I find it disappointing that so many people simply don't care that Dish is cutting channels for no reason.

I am not sure what you mean, cutting channels for no reason. Did you not see any of the information why these channels were cut Voom did not invest the money back into the product that they agreed to which in return Dish decided to put Voom into a diffrent package so Voom was not happy with that so finaly Dish cut it all. I am sure that was the biggest reason for the cut but I am sure subscriber count and what could be added was a big factor to. I know both sides made mistakes in this but to say they were cut for no reason is just incorrect.

I am not sure what you mean, cutting channels for no reason. Did you not see any of the information why these channels were cut Voom did not invest the money back into the product that they agreed to which in return Dish decided to put Voom into a diffrent package so Voom was not happy with that so finaly Dish cut it all. I am sure that was the biggest reason for the cut but I am sure subscriber count and what could be added was a big factor to. I know both sides made mistakes in this but to say they were cut for no reason is just incorrect.

Okay, if we're going to play a semantics game, then there was a reason. Dish wanted to save $$ by not paying Voom and make money by dropping those channels and charging customers the same amount of money.

When I said "no reason", I meant no reason benefiting customers. These channels didn't need to be dropped to add more HD content. These channels didn't need to be dropped so they could lower prices and save everyone money.

Maybe 95% of the Dish customers didn't care about these channels, but the 5% that did have a right to be po'ed.

Okay, if we're going to play a semantics game, then there was a reason. Dish wanted to save $$ by not paying Voom and make money by dropping those channels and charging customers the same amount of money.

When I said "no reason", I meant no reason benefiting customers. These channels didn't need to be dropped to add more HD content. These channels didn't need to be dropped so they could lower prices and save everyone money.

Maybe 95% of the Dish customers didn't care about these channels, but the 5% that did have a right to be po'ed.

No benefits to customers, how do you figure in your own words 95% of customers dont care about Voom so addition of main stream HD channels is a benefit. Also like I said Voom did not want to be placed in a different teir so with out the 2 diffrent teirs Dish offers customers would not have a choice so that is another benefit. And you are correct you do have the right to be po'ed I am not taking that away from you. I was just saying there was a reason why the channels were cut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts