Monsters HD

that's why we need chiller mojo,i feel like we need the change of channels we want ,usahd and scifihd are covered now onto chiller...

I just saw the photos from the ces show and Hd net and Hdnet movies are included in the 10.00 essential pack for hd. You get what ever channels that are associated with your top programming pack ( top 100/200/250)and both hd net and hd net movies are included even if you take just the top 100 + essentials pack. COOL! I guess DISH won't get sued by Hdnet like Directv did.
If HDNet is in the essential pack, then I'll drop down to that (as soon as my $10/month rebate on the HD pack runs out in April).

HDNet - new Torchwood in a couple weeks! :up

I have Chiller via C-band, it's alright but nothing to get excited about.

Remember it's just a GP rated commercial filled TV channel, no where near a replacment for Monsters HD

Chiller has shows that you can find nowhere else on the TV dial. Shows I haven't seen for years and would like to see again.

During the past week I've seen spots for NEW content including John Carpenters The THING and Evil Dead 2!!!

Here's hoping that the Feb schedule is a step up from January.

Although I have been enjoying Rawhead Rex quite a bit. :D

I finally had a response from one of my contacts at Voom. I wrote a lengthy email explaining the dissastifaction with Voom and the problems since November 2007. Here are the highlights of my email:

Here are some complaints:

1- Prior to 11/07, Monsters HD aired btw 4-8 movies per day. Starting 11/07 , the format changed. First it was just two movies per day. Now it seems like there are days where the format goes back to 4-6 movies per day but there are days in which the format changes back to 2 movies per day. This happens more than once per week.

2- There has been times when Monsters HD was showing the same movies as in other Voom channels in the same day.

3- A big problem has been the Program Guide. Since 11/07 it has been impossible to determine what is the correct movie or the correct time of the movie. This is not only affecting Monsters HD but all the other VOOM channels as well.

4- There have been a very poor rosters of movies that have been airing on Monsters HD. A film like the "Brain Eaters" on Monsters HD has been repeated at nausea in a week. This has made lots of viewers very angry.

The above problems are also happening in Film Fest HD, KungFu HD, etc.

5- When Voom carried 21 channels, most of the movie channels had (except for Monsters HD) a format of airing two movies per day. After Voom was scaled down to 15 channels, the movie channels had at least 4 movies per day. Viewers feel that since the format has changed there are no reasons to have so many movie channels showing two movies per day. Most HD viewers have DVR and they do not require a repeat of the same movie 4-5 times per day to watch it. The DVR offers this function for them.

6- Compare Voom movie channels with HDnet Movies. HDnet Movies offers a variety of films per day with different themes at times. There is less repeats throughout the day.

7- Dish Network has said that they will re-arrange their HD offering starting 2/1/08. Will the Voom package be by itself? If so, expect viewers to drop the package because of the above problems.

I hope I have listed the problems if there is any others that escaped me, let me know by posting here or sending me a PM. This email I sent yesterday. Today I received a response that these problems and concerns have been submitted to the proper person in charge. I hope that things will change.

During the past week I've seen spots for NEW content including John Carpenters The THING and Evil Dead 2!!!

Here's hoping that the Feb schedule is a step up from January.

Although I have been enjoying Rawhead Rex quite a bit. :D

The Thing. That one is a classic. I need to record that one.

I have Chiller via C-band, it's alright but nothing to get excited about.

Remember it's just a GP rated commercial filled TV channel, no where near a replacment for Monsters HD

I agree, I have chiller on u-verse and it is a good channel to have but not at all a replacement for monsters. Lots of commercials and not that many movies, mostly series, so it is different and good to have but it isn't the movie channel that monsters was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)