Monsters HD

I have always been a defender of VOOM; however, as of lately, I can't defend them any longer. I agree that the cutback in programming makes most of the channels unappealing, even with repeats. Now the repeats are more noticeable. It will be interesting to see where VOOM is placed in the new HD pricing that E* will soon announce. I hope they give us an option to get VOOM or not and not force it in a basic package and charge us more for those national channels that we currently get today. If that is the case, it will make my decision to switch HD providers a simpler one. In the numbers count, VOOM matters to E*. In the progamming count, VOOM has lost it's VaVOOM.

Oh please!!! Voom is cheap..Dropping it wouldn't save u a dime just make Charlie Richer!!
True but if I didn't want it. I could drop it .Or not even add it.Monsters was my Favorite. I just upped to HD again on Dish and this just came as a diappointing surprise.

I have been pointing this out in other threads. It appears it is not only Monsters HD. It is most if not all Voom channels.

I loved Monsters HD up until about Halloween of this year. They have been going downhill fast since early November. I think they had some major budget cuts over at Voom.

Did you also notice that the Dish magazine listings for Voom channels have been off for most of November and all of December? They are correct for January and this two or three movie a day looped crap on Monsters HD, Film Fest, and other Voom channels goes on all month.

I am getting ready to leave Dish. I signed up for them last spring because I was not happy with my cable company's HD and lack of announcing plans for new channels. Since then, my cable company (BHN) has caught up with almost all the HD channels and has laid out a plan. My cable company doesn't have Voom but Voom has turned to crap over the last few months so I won't miss them.

Just to think, a few months ago I would have told you I could never part with Monsters HD.

I've been Praying for Fios. So I can end this Satellite bull. Phone Internet and TV on one bill from the same company is music to my ears.

I want FIOS too, and it is coming to my area soon. But now they are falling behind in HD. I just looked at their channel lineup again yesterday and they haven't added anything new. I have been reading about their network bottlenecks and they are Fiber. Their problem is they keep every city on the same national lineup so if they hit a bandwidth problem in one place it impacts all. They have great On Demand though and would be perfect if they added some more channels. I'm not religious but I'll join you in prayer for FIOS... haha :)

Voom is in steady decline. I think E* should dump Voom and use the bandwidth to carry more Nationals, sure some of the content there woudl be stretched, but it is a start. Voom is wasting 10 channels of bandwidth on the same crap over and over.

Voom is in steady decline. I think E* should dump Voom and use the bandwidth to carry more Nationals, sure some of the content there woudl be stretched, but it is a start. Voom is wasting 10 channels of bandwidth on the same crap over and over.

I never thought I would say this but, I think I agree with you.

Voom could certainly consolidate to 3 or so channels running like a six hour block of each of today's existing channels. Having only 3 channels for the amount of content they have might actually get them into cable systems around the country in addition to Dish and the few cable systems that carry some of their channels now. My cable company offers HDNet 1/2, Mojo, and Universal in a special six dollar package (It used to contain ESPN1/2 but they are now part of the regular HD and no longer charged extra). If Voom had 3 pretty good channels, cable companies like BHN that have the space could add the three channels of Voom into that extended HD pak and might actually make it worth it.

I really think Voom the way it is today, has its days numbered.

They should just call these channels something like Voom Showcase, Voom Movies, Voom Sports and Family, or something along those lines.

Voom could certainly consolidate to 3 or so channels running like a six hour block of each of today's existing channels. Having only 3 channels for the amount of content they have might actually get them into cable systems around the country in addition to Dish and the few cable systems that carry some of their channels now. My cable company offers HDNet 1/2, Mojo, and Universal in a special six dollar package (It used to contain ESPN1/2 but they are now part of the regular HD and no longer charged extra). If Voom had 3 pretty good channels, cable companies like BHN that have the space could add the three channels of Voom into that extended HD pak and might actually make it worth it.

I really think Voom the way it is today, has its days numbered.

They should just call these channels something like Voom Showcase, Voom Movies, Voom Sports and Family, or something along those lines.

E* has a 15 year contract

Dish could throw them over to the wasteland of 148W.

I figured voom would eventually resemble an HD version of the Encore networks but not with 2 movies a day.

There's enough programming on all the voom channels put together,For about 2 Full time Voom channels. Thats It! They should do just that VOOM MOVIES,and VOOM Sports and News. Done! Now we'll have more room for important HD networks.

Dish could throw them over to the wasteland of 148W.

I figured voom would eventually resemble an HD version of the Encore networks but not with 2 movies a day.

I never thought I would say it, but you are insulting Encore. Unfortunately, Voom has sunk below Encore. Even Encore Wam!

Regarding the scheduling and programming fiascos, nobody can be that stupid. I think they may be purposely trying to kill off all of VOOM, including Monsters HD which is very sad.

Voom is great if for no other reason than it annoys some of our fellow forum friends.
Monstervision FOREVER!!! Kung Foo too!

I've got to say, I also love Monsters. It is the first channel I check when looking for something to watch. Monster, Encore (Westerns), and DVR are the only thing keeping me with Dish right now.

What is pulling me away? Locals in HD & more national HD. Even if it is stretched, at least the groundwork is in place.

Looks like one down (Monsters). DTV has the Chiller channel and I can purchase Encore Westerns. So, that leaves the DVR as the only savoir for my relationship with Dish.

I'll make a decision soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)