Monsters HD

I've got to say, I also love Monsters. It is the first channel I check when looking for something to watch. Monster, Encore (Westerns), and DVR are the only thing keeping me with Dish right now.

What is pulling me away? Locals in HD & more national HD. Even if it is stretched, at least the groundwork is in place.

Looks like one down (Monsters). DTV has the Chiller channel and I can purchase Encore Westerns. So, that leaves the DVR as the only savoir for my relationship with Dish.

I'll make a decision soon.

As of 11:30am est - they're airing the same content as Voom Family channel. What the hell?

Just a little update,on my calls to Rainbow Media"VOOM" I've made 5 phone calls since December 31 st and not 1 call back. I've talked to many people in the company ,but the one they claim I'm supposed to speak to is never there. So Not sure what s next . Call my local news maybe.

I'm dropping the Voom channels and the extra hd channels without a sd equivalent next month and go with the hd essentials hd pack. I 've seen all that Voom has to offer ad nausem over the last two years. I would rather save the $10.00 .

I'm dropping the Voom channels and the extra hd channels without a sd equivalent next month and go with the hd essentials hd pack. I 've seen all that Voom has to offer ad nausem over the last two years. I would rather save the $10.00 .

Ditto, I want to see the numbers of people getting rid of Voom. I never watch them, they are a complete waste. I may watch HDN-News but only for sports highlights in HD.

If there were a "Watch Grass Growing HD Channel" or "Watch Paint Drying HD Channel" Dish would carry it to add to their count of HD channels.

But hey - be careful what you wish for. Without Monster where else are we going to be treated to black-and-white-dubbed-japanese Cinematic classics such as the 1961 "Invasion of the Neptune Men" (although I would have preferred the 1997 Mystery Science Theater 3000 version -- it was that good).

*My* DVR is set for the 1958 Academy Award winner "The Brain Eaters". Sounds great. "Must see TV".

Nevermind.

If there were a "Watch Grass Growing HD Channel" or "Watch Paint Drying HD Channel" Dish would carry it to add to their count of HD channels.

Nope. There are no such channels. However, I seem to recall that there is a new sports channel called "Snails-HD". Its biggest event is the "NASCAR Sluggo Snail Bait 500". I say 'is' because the race is ongoing and projected to finish sometime between 2028 - 2029. Oh yes, there is also some kind of team sport from France. The winning team gets an all expenses paid trip to the finest restaurant in Paris. The loser gets to go to McDonalds.

Dish won't dump Voom. The only reason they're still in the lineup is to prop up Dish's HD channel count.

I also plan on dropping back to the HD essentials pack. I'm surprised they're offering it, but it's what I've been wanting for a couple of years. Voom sucks (and the other channels I will lose aren't a big deal to me either).

Dish won't dump Voom. The only reason they're still in the lineup is to prop up Dish's HD channel count.

I also plan on dropping back to the HD essentials pack. I'm surprised they're offering it, but it's what I've been wanting for a couple of years. Voom sucks (and the other channels I will lose aren't a big deal to me either).
U have a list??

I just saw the photos from the ces show and Hd net and Hdnet movies are included in the 10.00 essential pack for hd. You get what ever channels that are associated with your top programming pack ( top 100/200/250)and both hd net and hd net movies are included even if you take just the top 100 + essentials pack. COOL! I guess DISH won't get sued by Hdnet like Directv did.

Zatoichi

I'm one of the few who loves VOOM. It may take a few more months, but hopefully I'll be able to finish my collection of the Zatoichi "Blind Swordsman" movies. I think I've got about 11 of the 24 or so that were made, so far --- sweeet!

I'm one of the few who loves VOOM. It may take a few more months, but hopefully I'll be able to finish my collection of the Zatoichi "Blind Swordsman" movies. I think I've got about 11 of the 24 or so that were made, so far --- sweeet!

I spent total 5 1/2 years in Japan and Thailand and really like the Kung Fu channel. My wife and I like the older movies and of course Bruce lee flicks. Zatoichi movies rock......:bow

I spent total 5 1/2 years in Japan and Thailand and really like the Kung Fu channel. My wife and I like the older movies and of course Bruce lee flicks. Zatoichi movies rock......:bow

Samurai movies with Toshiro Mifune, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts