More HD to move from 61.5 to 72.7?

The 61.5 is right where the 129 was 2 years ago. On life support.;)
If I could get the 129 in my area, I would never even mess around with the broken down Eastern arc crap. I'll watch my locals is SD.
Western Arc will soon have a nice string of Band New powerfull satellites. They already have 2 out of 3.
Eastern Arc gets all the left over crap.:(

I agree with you. Western Arc people got it made. They can get all the channels, Spanish and internationals on one Dish and they have a powerful satellite on 129 and a new one on 119 while Eastern Arc users have a old failing satellite failing on 61.5. 72.7 has a new satellite which is why they are moving everything over there. 77 can't even be seen in Maine so there they set them up with a wing dish but they don't get all the new HD channels launched. Since Eastern Arc is pure MPEG-4 many older and even current SD receivers don't work but on Western Arc any receiver 500 series and up works fine. :rant:

WTF, I just switched to dish from DTV and the guy installed my equipment while I was out and the wife dealt with the installation.
My channel 9902 says I am looking at 61.5

Is this the only orbital I have?
I'm new to all this.

You get channel 9902 even if you have a EA setup. Do you get two other channels that say you are looking at 110 and 119. If so then you have a Dish 500 wing setup and you won't get the new HD channels. Also see if you are getting channels 135 and 185 in HD. If you are then you have a EA setup if not then call them up and say you want that setup.

I agree with you. Western Arc people got it made. They can get all the channels, Spanish and internationals on one Dish and they have a powerful satellite on 129 and a new one on 119 while Eastern Arc users have a old failing satellite failing on 61.5. 72.7 has a new satellite which is why they are moving everything over there. 77 can't even be seen in Maine so there they set them up with a wing dish but they don't get all the new HD channels launched. Since Eastern Arc is pure MPEG-4 many older and even current SD receivers don't work but on Western Arc any receiver 500 series and up works fine. :rant:
They must really have no idea.:)

Western Arc customers need to ask some Eastern Arc Customers about the problems and issues.

I can tell you the problems that Eastern Arc has in Pennsylvania.
  • Local HD spotbeam, don't cover entire DMA's. Leaving lots of Customers without HD locals, even though their DMA carrys them. This means these customers must use the 119,61.5,72.7,and 77 to even Get all their locals in SD,and to receive all the New National HD.
  • The Big 4 Networks are only in HD in the areas that can get them. Means No SD quipment can be used. Causing many people to upgrade their receivers as well. At the customers Expense
  • Also if the 61.5 has a spotbeam glitch like it seems to have daily we have no backup locals in SD.
  • Over all Signal strength is barely up to par, without a modified 1000.5 Dish version.
  • No Distant network option available from All American Direct with out a Wing Dish.
  • No Internationals without another Wing Dish
Lets not even get started on the customers in Maine.
If your on Western arc, You should be greatful, and your damn lucky.

You get channel 9902 even if you have a EA setup. Do you get two other channels that say you are looking at 110 and 119. If so then you have a Dish 500 wing setup and you won't get the new HD channels. Also see if you are getting channels 135 and 185 in HD. If you are then you have a EA setup if not then call them up and say you want that setup.

You lot are going to think I'm a right idiot (and thats fine) how do I know if BBC America (135) is in HD, I think the picture is pretty clear so I think it might be but there's no way to tell, of course its telling me in the bottom left that that its BBC America HD but I suspect that my DirecTV had that too.
It does't say HD on the TV guide, any other ways to tell.

You lot are going to think I'm a right idiot (and thats fine) how do I know if BBC America (135) is in HD, I think the picture is pretty clear so I think it might be but there's no way to tell, of course its telling me in the bottom left that that its BBC America HD but I suspect that my DirecTV had that too.
Press live tv, and at the top right it should say HD.

It should say HD in the Guide too. If it doesn't Try Switching to "All channels" in your Guide, If still no, then you don't get it.

WTF, I just switched to dish from DTV and the guy installed my equipment while I was out and the wife dealt with the installation.
My channel 9902 says I am looking at 61.5

Is this the only orbital I have?
I'm new to all this.

no. you've got other orbitals.

I am not sure. I had 110 set up before with my 1000.4 sat dish for about a year,till a couple of weeks ago. I saw some short recordings back then . Since I changed out my side sat for 129 , I haven't seen any of the short recordings. But the only way to tell for sure is to run with just western or eastern arc setups and see if that fixes the short recordings. If it doesn't , then it is a software glitch that needs to be worked on by DISH. I do know this much. When the short recordings happened , I noticed that it was when I had 4 things at at time being recorded . So maybe the receiver can't quite do all 4 things at a time without losing something. IN this case a recording that end prematurely.

I think it happened to me too while recording four things at the same time. I have identical timers setup for the 722k and one of my 722s for situations like this. I always like to have a backup. This week i am am going to disconnect 61.5 and go pure Western Arc and start monitoring a little closer any more premature recordings on the 722k, if it happens again. Take some good notes and call Dish.

I think it happened to me too while recording four things at the same time. I have identical timers setup for the 722k and one of my 722s for situations like this. I always like to have a backup. This week i am am going to disconnect 61.5 and go pure Western Arc and start monitoring a little closer any more premature recordings on the 722k, if it happens again. Take some good notes and call Dish.

I have these recording issue on my 612 also. I think it is the 61.5 Sat. I wonder if when they move the HD to 61.5 if that will fix my problem.

Repointing my 61.5

Well I tried to repoint this weekend. However I realized partway through that process that it would have to "see" through the 110/119 dish. They put the 61.5 behind the 110/119 dish if you will. Well I figured that's not going to work.

So now I'm going to have to either not get the High Def channels, or eat the cost.

Some have mentioned some luck using the ceo address. First, I'll admit to being an idiot, I can't find the ceo address through a search. So if someone could forward me to the right posting on that or reply back with it, well that would be great.

2nd, any ideas on the best way to phrase my "righteous outrage/begging" to get the best possible answer. (i.e a new dish pointing at the EA, and a new receiver for downstairs for the cheapest cost. Downstairs I have an old 301, and from what I've read not Eastern Arc there) Good news is that I have a dish 500 with only one lnb pointing at 61.5. So from what I've read the mast is probably strong enough to have the big 1000.2 (or is that .4) dish pointing at the EA.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I am trying this tack as well. The address is ceo at echostar.com. I did no begging or acting up. I just stated that we have 9 new HD channels that I cannot receive because of my dish antennas, and I need an EA upgrade for my 3 VIP receivers. If they ever do respond, I intend to explain further that I will keep my Dish 500 on 110/119 for my SD receivers (should I ever activate them again), and because I also have my OTA antenna on that mast.

So far, no response. :(

Which Dish setup has the best signal strength, Eastern or Western Arc? I live straight East of of the great Mississippi river in Illinois (St Louis area). I think the new Dish installs for this area is Eastern Arc. Presently have Western Arc setup with a Dish 1000+ pulling in 119, 110, 129, and 61.5 on a Dish 500. I am thinking of replacing the Dish 500 with a 1000.4 for 61.5, 72.7, and 77 Eastern Arc setup. This way if Dish does all this HD satellite switching in the future I should be covered. So I was just wondering if anyone know which is the best setup for the St. Louis area. Eastern or Western Arc.
western arc has stronger signals.
I take it that is your house in your avatar?
If so , you are all set. Dish, save for a very few selections, will always mirror programming on both arcs.

right, now that ciel 2 is up, there is nothing at all wrong with western arc. and there is no way dish will do away with it. 1/2 the country cant get eastern arc. so western arc 129 is here to stay people.

61.5 and 77 new a new bird. No instead they are launching another new bird for 119. WA get the best birds and all the channels. EA is the ones that get screwed.

As I am saying I had to change over to full EA so I would get BBC America and Hallmark in HD.

EA does not get screwed. AMC14 died at launch. E14 was already being built. Just the way things happened. Birds are already scheduled for 77 and 61.5. Before long 72 will handle most of the EA load except for locals of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts