More HD to move from 61.5 to 72.7?

I would definitely call back and raise hell and tell them it is not working. They will send someone back out to fix it.

Thanks to those who responded. I now have some ammunition for when I do call them back. I am indeed in the Green Bay DMA, however I do not get my locals from Dish Network. I rarely ever care about local channels. Literally the only thing I ever watch a local for is possibly Family Guy, Human Target, and occasionally the news. For that I have an OTA antenna and it pulls in all the locals in HD just fine. So I'm currently on the top 250 plan/HD with no locals. I really don't care about being on 61.5 to get locals - I just want to get eastern arc so I can get ALL the HD that I am paying for.

I will attempt to give Dish a call today or tomorrow and post back here with the results. I am pleased to hear that this next service call should be free. Thanks guys!

Thanks to those who responded. I now have some ammunition for when I do call them back. I am indeed in the Green Bay DMA, however I do not get my locals from Dish Network. I rarely ever care about local channels. Literally the only thing I ever watch a local for is possibly Family Guy, Human Target, and occasionally the news. For that I have an OTA antenna and it pulls in all the locals in HD just fine. So I'm currently on the top 250 plan/HD with no locals. I really don't care about being on 61.5 to get locals - I just want to get eastern arc so I can get ALL the HD that I am paying for.

I will attempt to give Dish a call today or tomorrow and post back here with the results. I am pleased to hear that this next service call should be free. Thanks guys!

If you want an up to date listing of what channels are were...use TheList link in my signature. The channel listings automatically get updated anytime there is a change in the Dish tables.

Keep in mind that Eastern Arc works only with MPEG4 recievers. If you plan on using your old receiver on another TV EA will not work with it. Need to keep the old setup hooked up for that, or upgrade that receiver also. If you're not planning on using the old receiver its a moot point.

dish eastern arc migration in RochNY DMA. Can I use Western Arc + off-air locals?

I currently have a superdish looking at 110, 119 and 121. I also have a dish looking at 61.5. All feed a DPP44+ switch. I have two VIP622 DVRs. All self installed, all owned, no leases.

1) Can I upgrade my superdish to a Dish 500+ looking at 110, 119, 118.7 and 129 and keep my national HD?

2) I realize I will loose my local HDs that currently reside on 61.5. I do get them high quality off air with a rooftop antenna. Will at least my rochester ny local EPG info keep coming from the western Arc?

3) Optionally, can I repoint my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and keep my superdish?

I like the higher gain signals I get from my bigger superdish.

I currently have a superdish looking at 110, 119 and 121. I also have a dish looking at 61.5. All feed a DPP44+ switch. I have two VIP622 DVRs. All self installed, all owned, no leases.

1) Can I upgrade my superdish to a Dish 500+ looking at 110, 119, 118.7 and 129 and keep my national HD?

2) I realize I will loose my local HDs that currently reside on 61.5. I do get them high quality off air with a rooftop antenna. Will at least my rochester ny local EPG info keep coming from the western Arc?

3) Optionally, can I repoint my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and keep my superdish?

I like the higher gain signals I get from my bigger superdish.

You could procure a 121 Super Dish repoint kit. That is if you can get your hands on one.
You could then use that for 110/119.....You'll need another antenna for 129 reception for your HD sigs.
To eliminate all this hassle, a 1000.2 antenna will do. BTW in my experience as a tech, the point two gets excellent signal strengths and is relatively easy to point.....Oh, no switch required. The switch is contained in the LNB. Oh, the LNB has an input for a second dish to gain use of a 4th orbital slot. Again, you need no switch as the 1000.2 LNB can handle up to three receivers, up to six tuners

super dish repoint to western arc

I have in my possession, at Dish 1000+ Superdish 121 repoint kit. It came with LNBs for 110, 119 and 118.7 (whats on 118.7?) It also has an extension arm for 129. The instructions say to reuse my DPP LNB from my 61.5 dish to make the repointed Superdish a 1000.4 looking at the entire Western Arc.

I'm going to do this. However I want to make sure I can keep my Rochester NY Local Electronic Program guide intact. Right now, my locals are on a spot beam on 110 (non-HD) and a spot beam on 61.5 (Mpeg4 HD). I suspect this "technology change" will kill the locals on 110.

I'm ok with that a long as I continue to get the EPG info. Does any know if moving a local DMA entirely to the Eastern Arc will result in the guide info for off-air local reception disappearing from the data streams on the Western Arc?

So the plans are to move all national hd content to 72.7 and then 61.5 will be used for spotbeams and I am guessing maybe internationals ,so no need for add on dish for 118. Then maybe they can move the DISH Latino packs to the 77 sat too, so you can have them along with eastern arc service. If I remember when they first launched the eastern arc service , you couldn't get the Latino packs if you had eastern arc.

Well this puts all subs on notice then. If you have mixed arc service today(110/119/61.5), you better make a choice soon to go with either western or eastern arc service and stop sitting on the proverbial fence . DISH is even giving a number to call if you want to upgrade. Glad DISH is finally giving an official notice so people can get themselves upgraded. Then the big hd switch will be complete by probably sometime next month or later in this year?

This needs to be done ASAP, ASAP, ASAP! Putting up 2 huge dishes in a customer's yard or on his roof doesn't cut it.

Or, at very least, come up with a Dish 500 solution that uses a "special" DP single/dual LNB for the 118 sat. That would at least look better that sticking up the huge 500+ dish as the wing-dish.

Last edited:
Or - if you are in most markets that don't need 77, you can have 119/110/61.5/72

I have in my possession, at Dish 1000+ Superdish 121 repoint kit. It came with LNBs for 110, 119 and 118.7 (whats on 118.7?) It also has an extension arm for 129. The instructions say to reuse my DPP LNB from my 61.5 dish to make the repointed Superdish a 1000.4 looking at the entire Western Arc.

I'm going to do this. However I want to make sure I can keep my Rochester NY Local Electronic Program guide intact. Right now, my locals are on a spot beam on 110 (non-HD) and a spot beam on 61.5 (Mpeg4 HD). I suspect this "technology change" will kill the locals on 110.

I'm ok with that a long as I continue to get the EPG info. Does any know if moving a local DMA entirely to the Eastern Arc will result in the guide info for off-air local reception disappearing from the data streams on the Western Arc?

118.7 is primarily for international programming and the RTN horse racing service.

so how about this? leave my dish 300 pointing at 61.5, get a new dpp lnb to put on my superdish 121 repoint kit so it can aim at 129. connect it all up leaving out the fss 118.7 lnb. this would get me 110, 119, 129 and 61.5

no new dish installs....

Installer should be here any minute. When he called this morning he used the "upgrade" . No charges have been discussed when getting this appointment and i just dropped service plan last month so we shall see.
I have 110/119 with 61.5 wing expecting an additional dish for 72.7 - 1000.4 dish was said not to be an option this far north.

Rogerpl, how far north in VT? Dish installed a 1000.4 at my house located in Saint Johnsbury on 1/22/2011. I got a call that said it would be free but when I called back I was told to get the service plan and cancel after I kept it for 5 months. Several weeks later I got another call, was told the dish upgrade would be free and when I told him I'd just been charged the rep canceled the service plan and credited my account the $25 cancellation fee. Oh and MattG credited my account for the $15 service call although I don't believe I've seen that yet.

....oops, I didn't notice your post was from last year or that you did get the 1000.4!

Last edited:
ncted said:
Well, if there are more HD channels coming, I am certainly happy I paid the measly $15 to get 129 added. Dish is still the cheapest option available to me and offers the most HD channels, so I am not going to complain too much if I have to occasionally pay a little extra from time to time to get continuously improving service. With what I am saving over cable, I still come out way ahead.

To stay current with cell phones, computers, and other technologies you have to buy a new one every couple of years, and I don't consider satellite service any different.

Ted

The difference is dish is changing how they deliver service. When u go to upgrade ur cell it is usually to get a device with the latest features. The device u r upgrading more than likely still works.
Why should I, or anyone else, pay to have an upgraded dish put up so I can receive what I already pay for?

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski said:
The following was sent to Dish Network retailers...

The way this is worded it appears that those with 61.5 dishes might lose some HD programming in the future.

Been away from the forum for a while. Rhetoricallu speaking unless I suddenly loose a channel o am suppose to receive with my package how would I know dish added channels I can't receive. Of course regularly checking in here would work but that is a tony percentage of subs. Seems to me that dish would ne better off systematically changing folks over to the proper arc BEFORE folks lose programming and their installers are jammed.

Ross

Been away from the forum for a while. Rhetoricallu speaking unless I suddenly loose a channel o am suppose to receive with my package how would I know dish added channels I can't receive. Of course regularly checking in here would work but that is a tony percentage of subs. Seems to me that dish would ne better off systematically changing folks over to the proper arc BEFORE folks lose programming and their installers are jammed.

Ross

They have been doing just that for the past year. They have been sending postcards and making calls to subs with hybrid arc setups to change them over to a pure arc setup, western or eastern, for core programming. I received one postcard and three calls last April to update my setup in Florida. The forum was filled with subs indicating contacts for several months.

Never got any of that and I am on the 119/110/61.5 setup. keep waiting to hear something but so far all is quite. On the 250+ package but not sure what the requirements are.

Did you "move"?

I have received post cards, emails and phone calls about getting me switched over... and I was already on the correct arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts