More HD to move from 61.5 to 72.7?

after a week of going back and forth with dish,having a tech tell me i had no line of sight(even though i already used 61.5),they came out again yesterday and installed a 1000.4 dish.dish was for some reason trying to install a 1000.2 dish for the western arc because i do not receive my locals from them.i could not understand their logic seeing as how i am right on the east coast.i can get 129 but if it gets to cloudy i lose signal.

just a side note they also did mine for free,so if you push the issue in a respectfull manner they will eventually do it for free.

Last edited:
I agree, I already had paid for 61.5 in the past to get HD; that fact should at least provide a free upgrade to me and perhaps to the " small group of customers" that are affected :confused:
Keep trying until you do get it for free. My free 1000.4 upgrade is scheduled for tomorrow AM. I was told by the CSR that the new HD on 72.7 represents a LOS issue and therefore I was entitled for a free upgrade to get the new programming I am paying for.

Keep trying until you do get it for free. My free 1000.4 upgrade is scheduled for tomorrow AM. I was told by the CSR that the new HD on 72.7 represents a LOS issue and therefore I was entitled for a free upgrade to get the new programming I am paying for.

Now, that is interesting! Using "LOS issue" as a process for a free upgrade. :):up

So I have 119, 110, 61.5, and 118...

Was told 1000.4 is what they can do for me $6dhpp $15 for install

my question is this...i have locals all in hd, hbo, showtime, cinemax, hd, plat hd...will i lose any channels with the 10004. dish??? (i dont have internationals)

I have 211 and 622 so i should be ok with reicievers

After brief live chat with DISH rep yesterday, an installation tech was at my house this afternoon and the install of my 1000.4 dish was a breeze! Whole process was smooth and painless, and now I have all the new HD channels. Thanks DISH!

thats wrong what dish did

why can they have the sat like Directv one dish (slimline5) gets all expect for the internationals?

i just don't get that

peeps with the 61.5 got screwed , thats the truth

Still I dont consider 40% to be a small number... sure its smaller then 50% but still. ;)

I am not disagreeing that there is a fair percentage of folks who have 110/119/61.5 W dish setups and get HD programming but recognize that your poll and other polls like it are unscientific and it is quite obvious that folks that feel they are getting screwed by Dish are more likely to respond to a poll. So to keep on mentioning this 40% poll number without stating the limitations and bias of it makes one come across as ignorant of these limitations/bias that should be fairly obvious to most.

I had my EA installed yesterday. I was told that for $15 a installer would come out and upgrade my dish to the EA. I checked my account this morning and I had a $99.95 charge for the dish. I contacted dish and in order to waive the $99.95 charge I had to agree to a new 24 month term. Did this happen to anyone else?

There are 5 TP's on 61.5 that have International channels on them and some PI channels

I wish someone could verify with Dish that the international channels on 61.5 are staying on 61.5 and will not require the EA customers to install a second dish for 118.7!

I wish someone could verify with Dish that the international channels on 61.5 are staying on 61.5 and will not require the EA customers to install a second dish for 118.7!
As I said, Don't worry about it right now. At the worst you would lose your internationals for a week tops ,untill a technition could install the proper dish.

Dish would notify you if you don't have the proper equipment to receive any of your Internationals.
Little different then just not getting 9 HD channels.:)
Your all worrying over nothing, NO OFFICIAL WORD has been released about Internationals moving on or off of the 118.7 or 61.5.
Satellite Guys hasn't even claimed anything on the matter.
1 person assuming doesn't mean its going to happen.

Last edited:
So if their taking HD programming off 61.5 because it's dying. What will happen to my HD locals that are on that sat? Will they be moving them too? I would like to know these things before I go making so many changes.

Just go pure eastern arc (61.5/72.7/77) and you should be OK. They can't move EA HD locals to the western arc. 61.5 will soon have a backup in place with a new satellite to follow next year.

But most pure arc people who could care less probably didn't vote.

I'm sure Dish is well aware of the stats out there with all the receivers that call in via phone lines and ethernet.

Someone at Dish may know that, but I don't think that database is available to the people making uplink decisions or perhaps the rest of the company as well. The CSRs I chatted with both indicated that I already had 129, even though neither of my receivers showed that I did.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts