More HD to move from 61.5 to 72.7?

So if their taking HD programming off 61.5 because it's dying. What will happen to my HD locals that are on that sat? Will they be moving them too? I would like to know these things before I go making so many changes.
I doubt it, my guess thats why the conus HD is being moved,to ensure the satellite can handle locals without an issue.
Losing Locals would be bad.
Worse then HD national IMO.:)
Once they get a replacement over there, eveything will be fine. Still plenty of Room on the 77 and the 119 still has a ton of SD locals on it , Including Many Eastern arc citys.

Judging from the polls at this site and other sites it seems as though that "small" amount is 40%.

That does not seem to small to me.

Remember that only the minority of Dish subs have HD at all from Dish.

Then remember that everyone installed in the past couple of years has either 129 or 72.

So that means that only relatively early adopters of HD have 119-110-61.5, which is exactly the same people who participate in Internet Forums.

I'd be surprised if 1% of Dish subscribers have that setup (and subscribe to HD).

It's still a significant number of people, and Dish should make the change for free.

Remember that only the minority of Dish subs have HD at all from Dish.

Then remember that everyone installed in the past couple of years has either 129 or 72.

So that means that only relatively early adopters of HD have 119-110-61.5, which is exactly the same people who participate in Internet Forums.

I'd be surprised if 1% of Dish subscribers have that setup (and subscribe to HD).

It's still a significant number of people, and Dish should make the change for free.

There are a lot of DMA's, including our's, where Dish Network requires 110/119/61.5 for HD. There are a LOT of 2 dish installations around here that don't get 72.7.

Unacceptable. Either they switch me for free or I cancel.

I will not pay to continue receiving the channels that I am entitled to.

Either Dish gives me the upgrade for free or I go to DirecTV.

I am calling tomorrow and seeing what they'll do at this "special" number. If not I'm calling executive resolutions.

There are 5 TP's on 61.5 that have International channels on them and some PI channels

If Dish is worried that some folks won't be able to get CONUS programming on E-6 when it is moved to 61.5 W, they could just use E-6 for the 5 TPs that E-3 and E-12 can not provide programming from and put the internatioal programming on those 5 E-6 provided TPs. This would minimize the number of folks who would have trouble receiving signals from E-6 at 61.5 W but still allow Dish to be able to use 5 more TPs at 61.5 W.

I don't want to rip on DirecTV as there are certain areas where that can be the better choice for people.

In this case though, it makes no sense if your argument is that you're not getting the new HD channels from Dish. You can switch to DirecTV and not get them there either, since I don't believe DirecTV carries any of the HD channels just added.

Sounds like the real plan is if another transponder goes out on E3 they are immediately going to move the programming to 72.7, and not try to work around the E6 footprint problem unless they have to do so. With this indication I think they think E3 is almost toast.

I don't want to rip on DirecTV as there are certain areas where that can be the better choice for people.

In this case though, it makes no sense if your argument is that you're not getting the new HD channels from Dish. You can switch to DirecTV and not get them there either, since I don't believe DirecTV carries any of the HD channels just added.

DirecTV will cost us less per month once the 6 months of credits are up, and has all the HD channels we care about except VS...which can be lived with, I'll actually take the tradeoff of getting the Sabres in HD for that.

Right now DirecTV doesn't have any of those channels, no, but if Dish starts moving "core" channels I am not going to pay to continue receiving them.

TWC would be ideal (actually have that another residence) but isn't an option.

I wish someone could verify with Dish that the international channels on 61.5 are staying on 61.5 and will not require the EA customers to install a second dish for 118.7!

If you go with an eastern arc dish for everything they can still install a dish 500+ just for the 118 sat and plug it into the 1000.4 sat dish in port on the lnb. That is supposed to be the standard install for eastern arc subs that still want internationals. IF that isn't palatable they can install a dish 1000+ and hook a side sat for just your locals if they are off 61.5 or 77 sats. Either way you get two dishes , unless DISH is keeping the internationals on 61.5 sat.

Installer should be here any minute. When he called this morning he used the "upgrade" . No charges have been discussed when getting this appointment and i just dropped service plan last month so we shall see.
I have 110/119 with 61.5 wing expecting an additional dish for 72.7 - 1000.4 dish was said not to be an option this far north.

Last edited:
I have a 110/119/61.5 setup also and don't care much about the new HDs that launched so no big deal, but if more HD will be moving to 72.7 then I will be pretty upset.

Is it possible to just re-point my 61.5 dish to 72.7? There aren't any additional channels on the other EA sats that I would be missing on 110/119 would I?

Thanks for the help.

TWC would be ideal (actually have that another residence) but isn't an option.

TWC will make you an offer you can't refuse for the first 24 months, especially if you get a Dish Winback Promotion like I got (Equivalent of ATT250 plus HD-DVR and roadrunner) for $85 a month. Then they will rape you like they are doing to my 92 year Father (whom won't switch to a Dish) for the tune of $93 a month for Digital Cable and HBO.

I hope by time my 2 year promotion is up, Dish will have their act together with their HD issues and have MSG, MLB and YES in HD, so I can make the switch back.