More HD to move from 61.5 to 72.7?

A lot of posted info would be much more helpful to everyone if you either mention your location in your post or have it in your sig. General locale would be good. We're not coming to your house guys.:D

what about commercial installs?

The following was sent to Dish Network retailers...
HD Channels Launched on the 72.7° Orbital Location for Easter Arc customers- The additional channels were launched on the 72.7° orbital location, instead of the 61.5° orbital location, because in the future we plan to migrate core HD content to the 72.7° orbital location for Eastern Arc customers. We are aware that some existing customers will be impacted because of this and we are working to provide these customers with solutions. If you are contacted by an existing customer who is interested in receiving these additional HD channels, we have created a specific phone number for them to call – please advise customers to contact DISH Network directly at 888-701-8965.
The way this is worded it appears that those with 61.5 dishes might lose some HD programming in the future.
Scott, what about commercial customers, have you heard from Dish what's the game plan? My condominium has 61.5/110/119(plus 118.7 for internationals).

YES!!!!!!!!:up

Yea, I agree; chances are the people who have the 110/119/61.5 setup are older, therefore less likely to visit the Internet or know this site even exists. As well, more people know what HD is than are likely to visit this site. So 40% might be a light estimate, but no one except, perhaps, Dish knows for sure.

Regardless, Dish finally seems to be implementing a plan to notify people; they probably planned to do it all along but got blindsided by the 61.5 TP failures (a guess, but an educated one). Now it's a matter of getting the fat new dish up there. :)

Is Nimq5 even in service yet?
If it is, its weak compaired to E*11

Yep, it's been up for a while. That's what allowed them to switch over to 8PSK on all of those transponders. I found the bird to be pretty strong, but E*11 is one hot sucker since it doesn't have a whole lot of TP's to cover.

Yep, it's been up for a while. That's what allowed them to switch over to 8PSK on all of those transponders. I found the bird to be pretty strong, but E*11 is one hot sucker since it doesn't have a whole lot of TP's to cover.
I'm just going by signal strength in my area, The 110 was mid 60's-70's with a High of 80,
I can't even get a 70 and this is a much bigger dish then the 500 I used for the 110.

TWC will make you an offer you can't refuse for the first 24 months, especially if you get a Dish Winback Promotion like I got (Equivalent of ATT250 plus HD-DVR and roadrunner) for $85 a month. Then they will rape you like they are doing to my 92 year Father (whom won't switch to a Dish) for the tune of $93 a month for Digital Cable and HBO.

I hope by time my 2 year promotion is up, Dish will have their act together with their HD issues and have MSG, MLB and YES in HD, so I can make the switch back.

Yeah, I have TWC at my main residence, used to hate it but I actually like it now. Combined with internet and phone I'm paying $140 a month for HD cable, internet, and unlimited phone...can't beat that. Dish seems to think now that I should pay $100 for just the TV service.

Unfortunately the Dish service is at a house where cable isn't available...so that's not an option.

So let me get this straight.

DISH decides to move their HD. This CAUSES CUSTOMERS TO LOSE Channels.

Dish attempts to make customers PAY to get the channels they already pay for that were lost due to Dish moving them.

You have got to be kidding.

This is why I left Satellite. I am in a forest, I can barely get 61.5. A dish 200 feet across my neighbors yard. 72.7 is right into the forest.

Phil
Sitting pretty on my FiOS with 2 yr price guarantee into 2012 and all the channels!

Yea, I agree; chances are the people who have the 110/119/61.5 setup are older, therefore less likely to visit the Internet or know this site even exists. As well, more people know what HD is than are likely to visit this site. So 40% might be a light estimate, but no one except, perhaps, Dish knows for sure.

Regardless, Dish finally seems to be implementing a plan to notify people; they probably planned to do it all along but got blindsided by the 61.5 TP failures (a guess, but an educated one). Now it's a matter of getting the fat new dish up there. :)
I'm not even sure they do. When I called to schedule my upgrade appointment I was asked why I was calling because in their system I was listed as already having EA. I told them you have to take my word that it definitely is currently a two-dish, 61.5/110/119 setup....

I'm just going by signal strength in my area, The 110 was mid 60's-70's with a High of 80,
I can't even get a 70 and this is a much bigger dish then the 500 I used for the 110.
The Dish meters show signal quality, not signal strength.

Turbo-8PSK has tighter tolerances than the modulation on 110 (QPSK still?), so it will show a lower meter value even at the same signal strength.

So let me get this straight.

DISH decides to move their HD. This CAUSES CUSTOMERS TO LOSE Channels.
Nobody has lost anything yet? The only impact right now is that those with 61.5 as a wing can't get the new HD channels.

The Dish meters show signal quality, not signal strength.

Turbo-8PSK has tighter tolerances than the modulation on 110 (QPSK still?), so it will show a lower meter value even at the same signal strength.

I don't have a clue what your talking about.
I'm talking about my 722 and 622 Signal meter. It showed much higher values for the 110, then the 72.5.
So signal Quaility or strength , how ever you want to put it , its average is still about 15-20 points lower on the 72.5 then the 110

I don't have a clue what your talking about.
I'm talking about my 722 and 622 Signal meter. It showed much higher values for the 110, then the 72.5.
So signal Quaility or strength , how ever you want to put it , its average is still about 15-20 points lower on the 72.5 then the 110

He's saying you are comparing apples to oranges since you were probably comparing 8PSK TP's on 72 to QPSK on 110. Unless of course you were using one of the 3 or 4 8PSK TP's on 110 to do the comparison.

Scott, what about commercial customers, have you heard from Dish what's the game plan? My condominium has 61.5/110/119(plus 118.7 for internationals).

If you have have the new HD channels in your line up you will not get them unless your condo changes the dish out. Depending on where your locals are (easter arc or western arc) you need to get the correct dish.

He's saying you are comparing apples to oranges since you were probably comparing 8PSK TP's on 72 to QPSK on 110. Unless of course you were using one of the 3 or 4 8PSK TP's on 110 to do the comparison.
Not one TP on the 72.5 had a higher value then one TP the 110.
This what I'm saying.
65 was the lowest value on my 110
63 is the Highest on my 72.5

So with that in mind ,No Transponderon the 72.5 was ever higher then a 110 Transponder.

Installer here putting up dish marked turbo hd- is this the 1000.4?

That's the one.

The only reference to calling it the 1000.4 that I can see comes in the system info screen. Press menu, 6, 1 then 3. Look at box h (Device) and see it says DPP44, 1K.4(1), 1K.4(2), 1K.4(3).

So technically should we really be calling this dish a 1K.4? :rolleyes: