More NPS BS to Misinform the public.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I looked at the list, interesting but still no news channels, nor did I see the weather channel listed either. Maybe the cable co's that watch this satellite get their news and weather feeds from some other bird. Would be kinda nice to have movie channels again, might even go back to SciFi channel, even though they really started to suck before the went off analog.

Looking at the list I noticed something. Some transponders have 12 services others have less. That mean's HITS can max out at 12 SD services and still look good. Now here's an idea... Comcast could actually move approx 9 channels from there other birds to W5 and use the 4DTV modulation. They could sell us them. The extra space on the other birds they could use for HD or something for cable only.. If I ran the show what I would do is consolidate all the SD to W5 (move HD to the other birds) and put a good basic and high tier package together. Run everything in 4D compatible mode and call it a night. This won't happen though unless I buy HITS... Any financial backers :) It's a good idea though.

Or they could let us sub using commercial receivers or make a new receiver that does combomode and MPEG-4 instead of having to go back to the older compression formats for the 4DTV.

Or they could let us sub using commercial receivers or make a new receiver that does combomode and MPEG-4 instead of having to go back to the older compression formats for the 4DTV.

New receivers have been talked about for years and never seems to happen. It's all a dollar thing, nobody wants to invest in it. Thats why I say they need to do something with our existing equipment.

In a perfect world a new receiver would have come out and we could still subscribe to all the masters SD & HD. But in all reality its not happening.

I looked at the list, interesting but still no news channels, nor did I see the weather channel listed either. Maybe the cable co's that watch this satellite get their news and weather feeds from some other bird. Would be kinda nice to have movie channels again, might even go back to SciFi channel, even though they really started to suck before the went off analog.

The Weather Channel is on FP mode on C3-13 Analog. You just need a VC2 module that isn't dead.

P.S. Technically Bloomburg Business News is a "news" channel.

The Weather Channel is on FP mode on C3-13 Analog. You just need a VC2 module that isn't dead.

Retraction! It's gone again. I sure wish we could subscribe to it. I'd be willing to pay up to $3.00/mo for it.

2nlr9e8.jpg

New receivers have been talked about for years and never seems to happen. It's all a dollar thing, nobody wants to invest in it. Thats why I say they need to do something with our existing equipment.

In a perfect world a new receiver would have come out and we could still subscribe to all the masters SD & HD. But in all reality its not happening.
Comcast is one of Motorola's biggest customers with all the set top cable boxes they buy. Comcast should have enough clout to get things done.

A new receiver would be smaller and cheaper now than in the past since it doesn't need to fit a VCII module into it. Leave out the transformer for the dish mover and it will be lighter and smaller still. Make it DiSEqC compatible instead.

Comcast is one of Motorola's biggest customers with all the set top cable boxes they buy. Comcast should have enough clout to get things done.

A new receiver would be smaller and cheaper now than in the past since it doesn't need to fit a VCII module into it. Leave out the transformer for the dish mover and it will be lighter and smaller still. Make it DiSEqC compatible instead.

With the current channel arrangement a HITS ComboMode receiver would still need to be able to move a dish between AMC 18 @ 105 and SES 1 @ 101. Unless someone was to come up with a elaborate multi-LNB setup for it.

All we bird watchers need is a receiver, moving can be done with existing gear. In short a sidecar thing.

With the current channel arrangement a HITS ComboMode receiver would still need to be able to move a dish between AMC 18 @ 105 and SES 1 @ 101. Unless someone was to come up with a elaborate multi-LNB setup for it.

If you think about it, DiSEqC might not be a bad way to go. If they did 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2... that would pretty much cover the bases. People wanting a stationary farm could use 1.0 or 1.1 (depending on farm size), and people wanting to go with a motorized BUD could use 1.2 with a V/G-Box.

Unfortunately, that doesn't provide a plug-n-play solution for us guys with servo polarity. But keeping the cost down might help to "up" the probability of getting one made. But yeah, if we could get one with servo polarity & motor control... that would be my first choice.

Even if we did get one that had motor control, it would need to be capable of more than just the 2 HITS positions for me to be interested in it as a 922 replacement. Maybe this time, we could program our own receivers. LOL.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)