More on Dish HDCP

I guess that DISH has forgotten that the HDMI output on the 622 produces an inferior picture compared to using component inputs for many users as documented on other threads. DISH will have to provide me with another receiver that will produce an acceptable HDMI HD picture.

In addition I have a second set connected to another HD receiver that does not have an HDMI input.

To change the receiver software so viewers can't watch the program they are paying for in HD is absolutely rediculous and in my opinion, totally illegal.

I got that Psyclone PSC47 HDMI switch today, and it is AWESOME! I know, you're not gonna belive me this, but the picture looks better with it in between, and I have no idea why. No it is NOT my imagination, I compared with and without, and the picture looks better to me with the switch, especially SD content, which makes me even happier, since the overcompressed SD stuff doesn't hurt so much anymore now. I even now prefer the HDMI picture over the component, which I had it hooked up through ever since I got the 622/722. Back then I compared component to HDMI, and I liked component better, now I like the HDMI better. Thanks Psyclone, You rock! :up

With all this crap going on I have to wonder if it'll cause people to stop wanting HD.

I don't. Too much $$ and too damn many restrictions!

Just bought, received, and installed a Cablestogo 5 ports HDMI switch, and it works great. I successfully programmed the switch in my harmony 880. I am ready.

Interestingly enough, I just had a new 211 installed a few days ago. The tech came in with component cables, hooked it up, and only then asked if I was using the HDMI port on the TV. I said "yes, for the upconverting DVD player". He nodded and left it at that.

No warning about upcoming issues, no attempt to convince me to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)