more receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

altadata

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Hi...
I currently have 2 receivers. Each one is connected to one half of a double linear LNB. The dish points to 97W ( Galaxy25 I believe is the current name ).
My question is how can I add a third receiver to this setup?
Is there a smart switch out there that can allow this?
Thanks.

You could use a Multi-Switch. They come in various sizes, such as 3x4 (for one satellite dual/twin lnb which inputs a V for vertical and H for horizontal and the other for OTA tv, with 4 outputs for as many receivers), 3x8 (same, but for 8 receivers), 4x4 (for two satellite dual/twin lnb's which inputs one lnb with V for vertical and H for horizontal and 22KHz Off and another lnb with V for vertical and H for horizontal and 22KHz On), 5x4 (same as 4x4 with added OTA tv), 4x8 (same as 4x4 with 8 outputs for 8 receivers), 5x8 (same as 4x8 with OTA tv), and you can get even 12 outputs or 16 outputs. Depends on what you want? Good Luck!

Ok thanks. I see that these switches work with DirectTV / Dish network also.
I just didn't know that you can mix linear with circular pol equipment.

They wont work with Dish unless its a single satellite (like 119). The switch doesnt care if its linear, circular, DBS, KU or C-band. Its the recievers that care :)

I use one of those to split my dish at G10 for 4 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)