morgan murphy media (WKBT, WISC, KXLY, KVEW) and dish network in dispute.

Kinda sucks because I just got the hopper and it has no OTA yet, so have to watch live TV on TV or watch on line on CBS.com I got a similar message from Scott also about how they need money and all that, because I said I don't think they should be able to charge for something that is available for free. Dish is the one spending money to retransmit, not WKBT or CBS, I guess I just don't watch CBS until the dispute is over. To bad, no advertising will be seen by my eyes on CBS channels now. And Martha Sucks anyways, I like there weather, but the news part sucks.

Yep, it's over for now at least, as of around 11:00 p.m. CDT. No info on local WKBT site, but it's on the Madison channel 3 site and on
Dish's site.

Of course, I had almost finished switching all of my CBS timers to OTA (no guide data available, so doing weekly timers). As I looked for
the last one (I don't remember when things are on anymore so was using the CBS site for scheduling), I noticed that the shows were named in the guide again.

This lasted just long enough for me to waste time on redoing timers. My timing has been off for years!!

Good. Talking to one of the techs installing my hopper yesterday. He said he thought it was funny that Morgan Murphy was spinning it like DISH thought their programming wasn't worth $0.02. They actually demanded from dish 2 cents/per viewer/per day. Bet they are going to be heading in DirecTV direction as soon as their agreement expires.

I have guide data again that I didn't have yesterday for WISC. Even though I was receiving the channel just fine OTA the guide data only gave information about the dispute. This meant that I couldn't set up any timers on my 922.

Morgan Murphy Stations Respond to DISH Carriage Agreement

Four stations owned by Morgan Murphy Media recently reached carriage agreements with DISH. Here are statements from each station:

KXLY-TV (Spokane, WA) VP and General Manager Teddie Gibbon stated, "We are happy to reach an agreement to provide our local news, weather and ABC programming to thousands of our valued viewers. We know any time our station is not available, it's frustrating for viewers, which is regrettable."

WISC-TV (Madison, WI) VP and General Manager Tom Bier stated, "We are happy to reach an agreement to provide our local news, weather and CBS programming to thousands of our valued viewers. We know any time our station is not available, it's frustrating for viewers, which is regrettable."

KVEW/KAPP-TV (Yakima, A) VP and General Manager Brian Paul stated, "We are happy to reach an agreement to provide our local news, weather and ABC programming to thousands of our valued viewers. We know any time our station is not available, it's frustrating for viewers, which is regrettable."

WKBT-TV (La Crosse, WI) VP and General Manager Scott Chorski stated, "We are happy to reach an agreement to provide our local news, weather and CBS programming to thousands of our valued viewers. We know any time our station is not available, it's frustrating for viewers, which is regrettable."

Morgan Murphy Media should be proud that top leadership at their stations are all like-minded and on the same page. Isn't corporate media great? :D

NewsBlues for TV News Insiders plus the aforementioned stations' websites provided content for my post.

Eric

Lol. I have come to the conclusion Dish comes out ahead in these. I'm not saying they don't make concessions, but I'm betting it's not what was being asked, maybe nowhere near.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)