Status
Please reply by conversation.

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
So, I'm feeling a bit stupid right now.

I ordered a Winegard 1m dish after seeing someone recommend it. This one: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...nt-(DS3100)&c=DIRECTV Dishes&sku=615798314699

I'd earlier bought an SG9120B for my smaller dish and remembered it advertised supporting dishes "up to 1.2 meters" so didn't think much more about it.

I got the Winegard and assembled it to find it needs a larger tube.

That was a little annoying, but not a huge problem until I started looking for a motor.

I've looked at Sadoun, WSI, Satellite AV and on eBay but the largest pole size catered for seems to be a 55mm and this dish "Requires a 2.25 - 2.62 in. OD mount pole." That's 57.2mm to 66.5mm.

Did I mess up and buy a dish that isn't suitable for a consumer H-H motor or am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure it fits the 55mm tube just fine.
Of course, best to hear from someone who owns one.
What you don't want is the little tube - I wouldn't feel comfortable shimming one of those.

Thanks. So, does anyone know if this will fit on a 55mm tube?

I was thinking of a shim, but unsure if the weight of the dish would cause it to slip when it gets to either side of its arc.

I think if any of our guys actually had this setup, they'd have spoken up by now. As Anole said, it will probably fit just fine without the shim. If you need to shim it, we'll cross that bridge when we need to, but most of has have shimmed these things for various reasons. When I use a split PVC pipe as a shim, it doesn't slip ; plenty of effective ways to clamp it. :)

I have the same dish actually have 2 of them and i have them on a STAB HH100 and HH120 and they work fine .
The tube is slightly loose to start but when you tighten the 3 bolts fits perfectly. The HH100 moves faster than the HH120
but i would recommend the 120 because it has more power to bring the dish back up when you are all the way down to
the ends.
Tede

tede, I read the review the review that was shown on the page linked by the OP. The reviewer liked the dish but was critical of the mount saying he had to adjust the mount. Did you have to do anything to the mount itself aside to the tube to make it work with a motor?
thanks for any help you can provide
and thanks to the OP for posting about this dish. I have been looking for a 1m dish and this is definitely the best priced w/shipping and appears to be good quality.

tede, I read the review the review that was shown on the page linked by the OP. The reviewer liked the dish but was critical of the mount saying he had to adjust the mount. Did you have to do anything to the mount itself aside to the tube to make it work with a motor?
thanks for any help you can provide
and thanks to the OP for posting about this dish. I have been looking for a 1m dish and this is definitely the best priced w/shipping and appears to be good quality.

I did not have to do anything to the mount or to the tube, here is a couple of screenshot: 20120915_150851.jpg
20120915_150944.jpg20120915_150904.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the pics, tede. I not really sure what issue the guy in the review at the vendor's website had an issue with so I just wanted to double check. That dish looks a lot like my 90cm (which has been a gerat dish) but these days I am missing a few feeds due to s-2 or weaker signals not locking as well as needed. So plan to get a 120 before too long.
thanks again

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate your time and answers.

The motor shaft mod seems like a cheap and easy solution, but I guess the holes need to be drilled pretty precisely so the dish points exactly forwards and not slightly to one angle?

I'll think about trying that or the Stab motor. My motor has been showing a few signs of wear recently so I might just go that route. It's good to know the dish mount fits the tube on that model.

I have that same dish. I bought my motor before they came out with the DG380.
I have the DG280 instead. Mounting was no problem, but I wish I had the bigger motor.
If I had to do it again I would buy the DG380. It should handle the load much better and faster
then mine. I would think you should be very happy with yours. Mine works just OK, I could use more H.P.

How is the Dish mounted? Did you use a NPRM?

I have the same dish actually have 2 of them and i have them on a STAB HH100 and HH120 and they work fine .
The tube is slightly loose to start but when you tighten the 3 bolts fits perfectly. The HH100 moves faster than the HH120
but i would recommend the 120 because it has more power to bring the dish back up when you are all the way down to
the ends.
Tede

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)