Motor setup with Multi/OTA switch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sin360

Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
US
I'm going to setup my motor and dish. I have an sg2100 with a 90cm dish. My wife wants to get the local channels OTA and I have a radioshack multi switch laying around that has a connection for OTA. Can I use this switch would I be able to control the motor or do I need to have a diseqc in there somewhere? I will be using an invacom lnb also.

Here is the switch that I have RadioShack 16-2571 hxxp://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103100

use a diseqc switch....

receiver >>> motor >>> diseqc switch >>> lnb/antenna

run a wire from your receiver directly to the motor....a wire out of the motor to a diseqc switch....from the diseqc switch you run one wire to the antenna and two wires to the invacom (one connected to a linear port, one connected to a circular port)

I'm trying to to figure out how can I can I add an over the air antenna to the system. That's why I was looking at that switch since it has a port for lnb a, lnb b and OTA. A diseqc doesn't have that extra port.

Does your satellite receiver get OTA?
Or, do you want OTA for the TV set?
Are you running more than one FTA receiver?

Here are some options:
- put in another coax ! <---===<<<< this is the best idea, and the only one I recommend - :up
- forget the switch and look up 'diplexer', on SatelliteAV, Galaxy-Marketing, DishStore, Sadoun, Impakt Products, Hypermegasat, or Google.
I'm not a big fan of diplexers, 'cause they reduce your signal.
But, you can always experiment and see how it works for you.

more likely the OP can only run 1 line into the house to the receiber and TV location, therefore if he already has it then he can use it instead of buying an extra diplexer like Anole mentioned. He still needs another diplexer at the receiver/tv end to separate signals once again. Also this solution via multiswitch allows him to add more OTA (if OTA only no need for diplexer at the TV end) and/or Sat lines into the house for more tvs without using cable tv splitters.

Follow Mikey advice as well , from receiver to motor first since they draw to much current that will kill most switches or devices on the line, then add your diplexer or multiswitch or diseqC or anything beyond the motor and before the LNB of course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)