Motor suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Well, I got my 1.2 m dish up and have been enjoying ku fta. Time to add a motor. Any suggestions for the type of motor to buy? The dish and mount weigh 1 ton.:) -but serioulsy, teh dish weighs 37lbs and munt is about 20 lbs.
Thanks!:hatsoff:

I have been using a 1.2 meter dish and originally weighed about 37 pounds. I fabricated a much lighter mount and presently have it mounted on a SG2100 but would not recommend that motor as it struggles and also the larger dish holds alot of wind.
I was thinking about the HH120 but I may go back to the 1 meter winegard and the SG2100.

Dave

Attachments

• DCP_0962.JPG
    DCP_0962.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 167
I have to agree with brent, the stab hh120 seems to be the way to go.

its a lot of weight to move around. i would have to say the stab hh120

as you noted the weight and Eastcoast mentioned he fabricated lighter mounts
would help if using other motors, and also as mentioned its a wind sock.

i have a primestar 1m round and its heavy ... and i will probably switch it out with a primestar oval until i can rebuild it a bracket.

so big motor and as low to the ground as you can go if in windy areas

Ive got the sg2100 on my winegard 1m and its great, but honestly its the max I would put on it.

twinhan dvb card moves the dish/motor pathetically, lol
dreambox 7000 moves it, but damn slow
coolsat 5000 moved it fine
fortec mercury II moves it like the wind, howlin fast.

any bigger of a dish/lnb and I bet the twinhan wouldnt be able to budge it on the outer arcs.

from what im told is the stab HH120 will move a bigger/heavier dish through gearing, its slower and louder, but it does the big jobs the other motors wont :)

Thanks for the feed back. :hatsoff:

I really like the improvised mounts that Eastcoast made. What do you call those metal brackets and where can I get them?:confused:

I purchased a Superjack DG 120, DiSEqC 1.2 Motor from E-bay in Austria. It seems to be the strongest DiSEQC 1.2 made.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back. :hatsoff:

I really like the improvised mounts that Eastcoast made. What do you call those metal brackets and where can I get them?:confused:

I purchased a Superjack DG 120, DiSEqC 1.2 Motor from E-bay in Austria. It seems to be the strongest DiSEQC 1.2 made.

Bloomdog

I used universal 1.5 inch metal angle material comes in various lengths and should be available at most hardware stores.
Here is a link to a thread that PSB gave to me.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthre...imestar+sg2100
This is a very good How TO Fabricate a lighter mount.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.