Picked up 2 new dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem0nlord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Central Texas
One is a 10 foot Unimesh, pristine condition, not a single hail dent, almost new actuator. How do these compare with the other mesh dishes? I don't know much about the mesh stuff. Mesh looks pretty tight, the previous owner was doing 4DTV on it, but he didn't have Ku.

The other is a real oddity. A 1 meter Primestar by Prodelin, not Channelmaster. I wouldn't have believed it myself, but the Primestar sticker is still on it.

I've seen one or two Prodelin dishes floating around. Thought about asking for them but I got my own little stash of CM going at the moment.

I have a 10' Unimesh dish. It had an H to H gear driven motor and not an actuator. The motor went out on it and I bought an actuator and had to modify the mount to get it to work, on the western arc. At the time, I put the gears up somewhere, as I wanted to go back to that set-up when I could afford a motor for it. The actuator was about 1/4th the cost of a motor. I finally got the extra money for the motor and got one. Now I can't find my gears, sometimes life ain't easy on your sole?
The C-band reception is great, for 4dtv and DVB. The ku reception is good, I use it for my 4dtv mostly, and back-up for my DVB. My smaller ku (only) dishes get as good, sometimes better reception, than the BUD, but if it gets really wet cloudy conditions, the smaller dishes go out before the BUD will.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)