Motor system crashed need help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skewed

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
My system was working perfect but I hooked up another receiver tonight and tryed to move the sat with the new box and it did not work all that well. I got no signal on everything. I then decited to switch back over to the old box to repoint but now the dish wont move. its stuck. Do I have to get up on the roof and re point the dish at true south for it to "know" where it is now at? I have never tried to use a second box before and now I have no tv. Is there any way with a viewsat ultra that I realign it with the remote? Thanks in advance.

Viewsat's have "Go to Reference" in the USALS setup, that drive the Motor to Zero.

Re-connect the Viewsat, power up, then look at the Motor, you should see a Green light.

I have the green light but the motor wont budge, Its a real pian to get up on the roof and I think thre is button on the motor to go to reference but I am not sure I threw away the directions. Looking at it, it looks like it is stuck far west. For mt to get on the roof I need to back up the truck and put the ladder in the back bed, its just a little too short so I was hoping I could fix it by remote. But does this make sense that if one box moves it the other one wil not know where it is at?

I tryed that also I just got up on the roof and I have 2 buttons one will move the dish east entil it stops then move it west the other one does nothing, I am going back up on the roof to try to zero it back but what is funny is that the motor wont budge with the remote no matter what I do, If the rezero does not work Ill try a reset.
Lak7 I just wanted to say thank you you are the man. You have helped me so much I really appreciate it.

its a sg2100, I just got down from the roof, I used the manual drive button to get it back to the true south which is 91 for me and I zeroed it in with a meter I showed good quality but from there the VS will not move the dish. The only thing that I can think of is that both boxes were on when I was switching the cables from one bos ot the other. I hope this did not burn it but right now this is what it looks like. It was working fine before I hooked up the pansat and tryed to move it. I noticed when I hooked up the pansat it would not move the dish because I had no quality so I decided to hook back up the viewsat to postition the sat at where I wanted it and thats where the trouble started. I am thining the motor is burnt or something, I have tryed everything. unless someone knows of a way to reset it. again the motor will not budge with no command from the vs. I tryed them all.:eek:

Thanls gill, I will have to try it tomorrow as it is getting late. But you know what is funny? I switched the cable back to the pansat and I got amc4 perfect I was watching bio but when I switched it back to the view sat no quality. No keep in mind that the motor will not move with either of them right now. I just need to figure out if it is the motor or not I dont have much money and I surely dont have enough to trhow money at it to get it fixed, I just caint help but keep on thining that the vs has something to do with it. I hate that box.

It offical my motor is toast. What I was doing was setting up my 2300 in my be room and I started with amc4, from there I was going through the menu to move it to another target when I thnk I double pressed button on the remote and did not wait before I pressed other buttons. I feel like this got the motor confused and the 2300 remote is pretty cheezy, you have to hit a button severl times for it to do somethiing even with fresh batteries, the 2500 is the same way so it just ,ust be a pansat thing. But anyway I got back on the roof today and I could not fully deprss the button needed to reset the motor. The soft squicy plactic that covers the button was half inside. so I took a screwdrive and tryed to fully press the button and it completely went inside. I then got out a few tools to try and fish it out, thats where i made my mistake, I think when I was poking around inside the hole for the button I shorted something because the drive east/west button on the other side quit working. I did manage to rest the system but no I caint drive it back to zero and the dish just moves to a place that is no wheres near where it should be, and this is when it moves sometimes it wont budge.

I would really appreciate a tip on where I can get another motor for cheap as it will be another 3 weeks or so before I budget in another one. If someone has a used one at a good price I would really like that also. I am even willing to trade some 2300's or throw one in to sweeten the deal.

I did manage to rest the system but no I caint drive it back to zero and the dish just moves to a place that is no wheres near where it should be, and this is when it moves sometimes it wont budge.
You did re-enter your Location for USALS?
Did you try using DiSEqC 1.2 for motor control?
Is it a Original DigiSat SG2100?

Yea i did reset the location, if you dont the viewsat says range overflow right away.
I did not try the 1.2 becasuse I havent the slights idea of how ot use that. And it is an original. I think where I really messed up was that I used the manual drive button and moved the dish last night when I was not sure what was going on. When I tryed to hit go to reference it does not even allow me to press that button for that option. Ans as I said the button on the motor quit working now. I plan on buying a new one and when I take it down I will try to fix it as I do have some electronics back ground. I was an electronic tech for 11 years , before I went back to school for enginering. So I may be able to fix it but just in case I caint I need to have one soon. I am already starting with the withdrawls. With this being superbowl weekend it is really bad. I was planning a superbowl part but I caint bring myself to watch the game on the crappy picture that cox cable has.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to read "The List"

Traxis 3500 Satellite List?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)