motor trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhcanada

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I have an SG2100 motor hooked to my 36" dish and just yesterday I've been having a problem where if I got west of 110 and then say try to come back to 97, the motor goes a degree or 2 and then stops without continuing beyound to arrive at 97 etc.

I can however chose the send motor to centre command and it goes to south, but once I pass 97 it wont come back without manually going back to south.

Have tried resetting the motor and receiver and swapping the receiver for another and still the same issue.

Anyone else have any suggestions or is this a bad motor?

thanks

You could check your cable, any switches inline, take them out if yes and try it. Do you use diseqc1.2 or usals? Have you tried both? I know the newer motors with the two buttons instead of the paper clip hole are a little more difficult to re-set, sometimes I find it doesn't take and I have to do it over. From the symptons you describe I would say the motor needs to be re-set but you've already done that so maybe the motor is bad.

You could check your cable, any switches inline, take them out if yes and try it. Do you use diseqc1.2 or usals? Have you tried both? I know the newer motors with the two buttons instead of the paper clip hole are a little more difficult to re-set, sometimes I find it doesn't take and I have to do it over. From the symptons you describe I would say the motor needs to be re-set but you've already done that so maybe the motor is bad.
nothing between the receiver and motor, tone switch after the motor.
normaly use USALS but tried with diseqc1.2 as well and still it wont go back beyond a few degrees east of 110 unless I choose the go to reference or centre from the receiver.

moved the dish manually from the dish it self and it sounds and moves fine.

will try another reset tomorrow to make sure it took. its the little pin hole reset so I'll just have to do it a few times maybe to be sure.

will try another reset tomorrow to make sure it took. its the little pin hole reset so I'll just have to do it a few times maybe to be sure.

You probably already know but just in case, make sure to kill the power after you reset the motor otherwise it doesn't re-set.
Seems weird it works ok when you give it the go to zero command, it seems it at least works mechanically ok. Did you try another cable?

I have an SG2100 motor hooked to my 36" dish and just yesterday I've been having a problem where if I got west of 110 and then say try to come back to 97, the motor goes a degree or 2 and then stops without continuing beyound to arrive at 97 etc.

I can however chose the send motor to centre command and it goes to south, but once I pass 97 it wont come back without manually going back to south.

Have tried resetting the motor and receiver and swapping the receiver for another and still the same issue.

Anyone else have any suggestions or is this a bad motor?

thanks

Just curious. Is this a DMS version of the SG2100 by chance? Two button or one?

You probably already know but just in case, make sure to kill the power after you reset the motor otherwise it doesn't re-set.
Seems weird it works ok when you give it the go to zero command, it seems it at least works mechanically ok. Did you try another cable?
thanks, actually I didn't know and this fact has fixed my problem, working once again using USALS as it was before. so note to self, after pushing the reset button on the motor, hard boot the receiver. simple

The model is Moteck SG-2100 digipower motor with a single button for manual motor control. did not even realize that there is multiple versions of this unit from different companies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)