Motorhome newbie installing a 301 in motorhome

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stotzy

Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
madison wi
Hey Folks-I'm going to be buying a dish 301 off E* new in box for $88 with a $40 prepaid card included.i have a dish 500,need tripod.i basically live in my motorhome.any suggestions? do they make a 2 TV prepaid reciever? id like one in bedroom and one in dining booth area eventually.i figure might as well buy the dual right off right? is it horrible to hook it all together? what will i need besides what comes with reciever? i think ill need cable that runs out to dish? and any suggestions on a cheap/good meter for finding my signal easier? i am doing this on a budget, any suggestions would be really appreciated.with 1 reciever can i run a splitter to the other TV with a 301? i realize that means same station on both TV's but i cant be in 2 places at once and its just me so why not? thanks!!!:eureka

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, Tripods are available at Radio Shack, look at a Home Depot etc for a pole. Check our sponsors at the top of the page, some of them have inexpensive meters that will work. Coax should be available locally or check with the Dish Store (again above) Claude can get you the RG6 and probably a splitter for a good price... you will need a Compass and Level and Tent Stakes would be advisable for the tripod...

depending on your receiver. it it does not have a coax out you can always get an rf modulator and then run a coax to the second tv. most coaches have a winegard antenna switch in the front. some even have rf modulators alrey built in. depending on the switch. they will have 2 or 3 tv outs. front bed and bay tv. some have sat in or aux in. just hook the output from the reciver to the sat in or aux in on the winegard switch and then you can view the same cannel on the other tvs.

do they make a 2 TV prepaid reciever?

Dish does not allow their "Duo" receivers to be used for pre-paid service. You're pretty much limited to a single 301, unless you plan to pay double for service to a pair of 301s. Since it's just you, it would be easier to use a splitter on the output of the 301 so that you can feed the signal to 2 TVs. Both will have to watch the same show, of course.

The pre-paid options are quite limited compared to a normal monthly subscription, but you have the freedom of no contracts or other obligations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts