Motorola 6208 cable DVR has rocky start

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

video62

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Before you think that you'll drop DBS in a heartbeat and sign up for cable with one of their DVRs (just to save $3.87 each month) check out this tale of the Motorola 6208 cable DVR. It sounds like they have a long way to go.

The cablecos have an interesting challenge with this box: Motorola makes the basic DVR/digital cable receiver box but doesn't provide the user software - it's up to the cable company to supply that. Appearently, some cable companies are choosing software written by Gemstar/TV Guide.

If you want to get a glimpse of the TV Guide software and some rather blurry screenshots, check out the user manuals at this site.

After reading the forum above and looking through the user manuals and screenshots I'd take a beta-test Dish DVR in a heartbeat.

...It sounds like they have a long way to go.
Yea.....

Dont let that Motorola name impress you too much.... I believe that it is a product of the ole GI Broadband division of General Instruments that Motorola purchased a few years ago......Sorry, I just was never really impressed by their products relative to others in the marketplace. Seems like they usually suffered in quality and performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)