Motorola contact info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keith-tn

Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Tennessee
I am interested in an updated receiver also. I have been trying ,unsuccessfully to get a hold of someone with Motorola to see what it would take to get them to consider investing in an updated receiver. Does an have contact info?

Maybe we should contact Cisco instead. Lyngsat showing lot's of channels in PowerVU. About 5yrs ago i sent an e-mail to Motorola asking about a megapipe receiver. Their response was something like "there is better alternatives right now than 4DTV". In other words the guy said, "get cable, Dish or DirecTV and implied they were better. This is when i think we still had 200,000 subs left.

someone should tell motorola to pimp SC's 505 for 4dtv. ditch the side car and process the signal correctly. i recently bought 2 920's only to be disappointed when i subbed and fed G3-583 (i believe cbs is 582 tho) to my 50 inch tv. it wasnt as good as the fta feeds i am able to get. cband 4dtv is kickass but without proper promotion it is dead.

crackt out,.

Wouldn't it be funny if Cisco went ahead and built us a receiver for PowerVu and were able to sub to the masters. Motorola would be kicking themselves in the butt for not jumping on it. Knowing Motorola they would try to buy it up and destroy it.

There was a post here somewhere a bit ago about powervu receivers. The one that the original poster mentioned really stood out from the others in cisco's list. Most of them were definitely commercial units, but one was an STB that sure looked like home use.. the PDF even talked about small business, restaurant and HOME use.
but who would authorize powervu feeds for us? cisco/sci atlanta directly?

I am still trying to get a response from Motorola, so in the meantime I sent out an e-mail to Cisco and we'll see if they reply.

but who would authorize powervu feeds for us? cisco/sci atlanta directly?
Cisco only makes the hardware. It's up to the broadcasters to decide if they will authorize a receiver to decode the signal.

This is an area where NPS or SRL would need to step up and see if they can resell the programming. Otherwise you would have to get separate authorization from each broadcaster.

The only way anything will ever work is NPS and SRL need to work together (united we stand divided we fall). There is strength in numbers. The problem is each company has there own plans and agenda. I think each is waiting for the other to close up so they get all the 4DTV subscribers. Together though there would be more capital to spend on expansion, these are trying times for the c band crowd wanting certain subscription channels. PowerVu would be a big ticket if it happened since the SA system is as popular as the DC systems with programmers maybe even more so. Lets keep our fingers crossed that tomorrow will bring better times for c band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)