"move"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rob321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Atlanta GA
I currently live in Atlanta, and I was wondering if I would be able to "move" to somewhere in NY and get the HD locals and the RSN's, not sure how all this spotbeam stuff works. Thanks for the help

You will not be able to get the Atlanta Locals in NY.
Spot beams are set to specific locations.

You will have to switch to NY locals.

D* does offer certain city locals nationwide for an additional fee, but I don't think any of Atlantas locals are in this package.

I currently live in Atlanta, and I was wondering if I would be able to "move" to somewhere in NY and get the HD locals and the RSN's, not sure how all this spotbeam stuff works. Thanks for the help

You will get ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox, along with the rsns since they are on national CONUS beams, but you won't get WPIX and the other locals because they are on spot beams. This link Local Regional Sports Network Information will show you which rsns you will get.

* does offer certain city locals nationwide for an additional fee, but I don't think any of Atlantas locals are in this package.

Where is this information available ?

The only locals available nationwide are the BIg4 for NY & LA because D* can sell distants to folks who qualify and RV owners

yes. The Big4 for NY are in HD as they are used for distants and in some cases fill in markets right now

Ok thanks, I have moved. One other question where can I get the am21 for locals ota? I do not see it on directvs website

Just a question, how is it these type threads keep coming up here at satelliteguys? It is a form of fraud and yes a violation of TOS. It takes away credibility of this site especially if you want Michael White to take your open letter seriously. Its too easy to learn about such tactics here...I do not understand the logic in it at all.

Just a question, how is it these type threads keep coming up here at satelliteguys? It is a form of fraud and yes a violation of TOS. It takes away credibility of this site especially if you want Michael White to take your open letter seriously. Its too easy to learn about such tactics here...I do not understand the logic in it at all.
I have a question... if DirecTV thinks a customer lives in "City A", but the customer actually lives in "City B", and that customer pays his/her bill each month, then do you think DirecTV really cares?

Should have ordered that to your proper address before your decision to evacuate.

they'll ship it to any address you want. You can change it. I did that after I "moved"...they default the physical in there but my CC address is different so I switched both to the house. Came in like 4 days

I have a question... if DirecTV thinks a customer lives in "City A", but the customer actually lives in "City B", and that customer pays his/her bill each month, then do you think DirecTV really cares?

BINGO :) They don't. As long as they get their money it doesnt matter.

Feel free to not read this thread if it bothers you that much. We all have rights.

What is being done...posts like these get forwarded to signalintegrity@directv.com . Rights? To what? Lie, cheat, steal?

oh please....I guess then you call the cops when you see someone going 35 in a 30 zone then huh?

sorry. Folks "move" all the time. There have been plenty of reasons why folks do it. And with the spotbeams the way they are, unless you want NY or LA you're limited on how far away you can move. I'm sorry but if you live in a market where your locals suck and dont put anything in HD or worse put a network on a subchannel like Fox that wont ever be in HD moving may be the only option.

Lie, cheat, steal?
to quote the late Eddie Guererro.....odealy holmes! I lie I cheat I steal. But at least I'm honest about it :) I was a "mover"....and proud of it. I had to move back when I upgraded to HD and now I can't "move" back as those locals are on 119 and I only hav a SL3 LNB (99/101/103)

[youtube]YD_5nmYw3o0[/youtube]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)