Moved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Brought my SMW 13 LNB etc etc.
Everything works fine, but when I try to go to my old set up using two of these (image below)
I cannot seem to get a signal to the 2nd one and I'm not sure why? Its the same set up I was using at my other house. Its a single line.

any help?

Attachments

• SPLIT8MRV_zoom.jpg
    SPLIT8MRV_zoom.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 163
Are you trying to use two 8 port splitters, that setup for 6 receivers would be much better with one 8 or two 4's, or even a 4 and 2.

Only thing initially that comes to my mind is the power passing, is your inserter inline with the power passing port on the splitter (top left)?

Oh no I need both of the 8 port splitters. I have a total of 10 tuners. My power inserted is counted at the genie. Should I move that the basement?

1 genie
2 he 24
2 regular he boxes. So oops sorry 11 tuners. I had this before. I moved.

I just don't remember how I had it set up.

Hes got 11 tuners in all, doesn't he need more than the 8 splitter ?

I do mine the way some others have mentioned, off the LNB to the Power Insetrer, in and out then to the red port of the splitter and set up the recvrs from there ... that said, I'm only at 7 tuners at one place, so I am not dealing with the same exact scenario.

I will say this again since it has been said multiple times. Splitters ports are to connect "receivers" regardless of tuner count. So for 5 receivers an 8 way will suffice. So even if you had 4 Genies (20 tuners) a 4 way will do.

But will I have any tuner conflicts with dvr's?
I wouldn't have posted such if it wasn't a correct installation method. There was an installer urban legen where the splitter had to big as big as the tuner it needed. That has been busted long time ago. You can connect a single cable from teh LNB to a Genie wiht nothing inline and no problems. You can connect 2 Genies to a 2 way (10 tuners) no problems.

Reactions: Troch77
I wouldn't have posted such if it wasn't a correct installation method. There was an installer urban legen where the splitter had to big as big as the tuner it needed. That has been busted long time ago. You can connect a single cable from teh LNB to a Genie wiht nothing inline and no problems. You can connect 2 Genies to a 2 way (10 tuners) no problems.
Meaning like 2 HR44's ?
My boss awhile back was saying that we could get more than 1 genie ... Has that been allowed now, more than 1 HR44 on an account ?

Tuners only matter with the swm equipment.
Not the splitters.

The Swm 13 LNB is fully integrated to support 13 tuners.

A swm 16 in not fully integrated with its tuners, It's essentially two swm 8.
(It's 16 tuners are fully Integrated with its MRV technology )

Meaning even though he has 11 tuners and 5 receivers, A single 8 way would not even work on a swm 16 for 11 tuner setup.

He would need a 2 way for his Genie,and 1 HD receiver, and a 4 way on leg 2 for his 2 HRs, and HD receiver.
As an example, there are a few ways he could do it. But he can't excede 8 Tuners per leg.

I think that's where Jimbo is getting confused about.

The 13 Tuner LNB is fairly new.
Previous installs over 8 Tuners required a tuner count thought process to not over load a single Leg of a swm 16.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Meaning like 2 HR44's ?
My boss awhile back was saying that we could get more than 1 genie ... Has that been allowed now, more than 1 HR44 on an account ?
No, still one genie per account. That was used just as an example.

Tuners only matter with the swm equipment.
Not the splitters.

The Swm 13 LNB is fully integrated to support 13 tuners.

A swm 16 in not fully integrated with its tuners, It's essentially two swm 8.
(It's 16 tuners are fully Integrated with its MRV technology )

Meaning even though he has 11 tuners and 5 receivers, A single 8 way would not even work on a swm 16 for 11 tuner setup.

He would need a 2 way for his Genie,and 1 HD receiver, and a 4 way on leg 2 for his 2 HRs, and HD receiver.
As an example, there are a few ways he could do it. But he can't excede 8 Tuners per leg.

I think that's where Jimbo is getting confused about.

The 13 Tuner LNB is fairly new.
Previous installs over 8 Tuners required a tuner count thought process to not over load a single Leg of a swm 16.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
What is a 2 way for his Genie ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)