moviepass hd download

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wavest

Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
northeast
I have not had success downloading hd from moviepass, although I was able to stream an hd movie[bikini beach]. The timer says watch in xx minutes and it starts downloading, but the time fluctuates up and down and won't complete the download. I have space on my hard drive and my internet speed is normally around 15 mb upload from speedtest. I have no problem streaming hd from other providers. Can stream hdx from vudu without a problem. I'm using a 622. Thanks!

Yeah you have to be kind of patient. It's kind of slow downloading. Well at least for me because I only have a 5 mbps download speed. So it takes me about 1 hour and 50 minutes to download a 1 hour and 40 minute HD movie.

I have that problem too when it disconnects the download so I just go and download it again but it looks like it just continues the download rather than start all over again which isn't optimal but I can live with it.

I have not had success downloading hd from moviepass, although I was able to stream an hd movie[bikini beach]. The timer says watch in xx minutes and it starts downloading, but the time fluctuates up and down and won't complete the download. I have space on my hard drive and my internet speed is normally around 15 mb upload from speedtest. I have no problem streaming hd from other providers. Can stream hdx from vudu without a problem. I'm using a 622. Thanks!

I am sorry that you are having a problem with downloading HD movies to your receiver. What is your download speed and how is the receiver connected to the internet? You do not need to wait for the full movie to download before you begin playing it. I normally start the download and then wait 20 minutes and begin viewing the movie. I do not get any buffering and it play smoothly. Please let me know about my questions and we will go from there. Thank you!

Maryb you are just always so helpful & pleasant. I do my fair share of bellyaching about dish & it is not in any way directed towards you or any other DIRT member. Any dish supervisor reading this needs to take notice and recognize these folks as the best in their game, not just a pat on the back, put some more money in their pockets. They deserve it.

Mary,
I mistyped on my previous post, I meant to say 15 Meg download speed. I am hardwired to the dish receiver thru a netgear router. I never get to a point in the download that I have the option of"watch now" , it stays greyed out after hours of attempting a download. When initializing a download , for example, it will say watch in 33 minutes. I start downloading and it will go down to 32,32.6,34,37.8,31.5,30.9,34.7,etc. and never download. I can stream available hd movies but not download. I can stream hd from other services. Thanks

Mary,
I mistyped on my previous post, I meant to say 15 Meg download speed. I am hardwired to the dish receiver thru a netgear router. I never get to a point in the download that I have the option of"watch now" , it stays greyed out after hours of attempting a download. When initializing a download , for example, it will say watch in 33 minutes. I start downloading and it will go down to 32,32.6,34,37.8,31.5,30.9,34.7,etc. and never download. I can stream available hd movies but not download. I can stream hd from other services. Thanks

I haven't had much trouble, but it was doing something similar when I tried one of the Boardwalk Empire Episodes. Kept counting minutes both up and down. I went and watched something else (live) for awhile and when I came back it was available for immediate playback. Wasn't in "My Rentals" at the time either, just the normal BBMP listing.

Only time it's happened. I'm connected via wireless bridge, with around 10mbps Comcast.

Maryb you are just always so helpful & pleasant. I do my fair share of bellyaching about dish & it is not in any way directed towards you or any other DIRT member. Any dish supervisor reading this needs to take notice and recognize these folks as the best in their game, not just a pat on the back, put some more money in their pockets. They deserve it.
More like she has the patience of a saint :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts