"Moving" - Ceil 2 question

JRiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Virginia
I live in the Bluefield, WV area and "moved" to Atlanta last year. I have 110, 119, 129. As of today, I no longer receive Atlanta HD locals. I get a screen which says, in effect, no need to contact dish, we're working to get this channel restored. Is this temporary or are these channels no longer on Conus? I'm still receiving the SD channels because I'm within the spotbeam. Thanks for your help.

:welcometo the fourm!

Good question and good thread because there are gonna be more folks who find they "moved" and have suddenly lost locals!

We've been waiting for you.;)

I live in the Bluefield, WV area and "moved" to Atlanta last year. I have 110, 119, 129. As of today, I no longer receive Atlanta HD locals. I get a screen which says, in effect, no need to contact dish, we're working to get this channel restored. Is this temporary or are these channels no longer on Conus? I'm still receiving the SD channels because I'm within the spotbeam. Thanks for your help.

They were moved to spot beams early this AM. I think Transponder 4. Check your signal strength on 129 for that transponder.

Thanks Digi. According to the map, I'm out of the spotbeam. So I guess I have to move again. Any suggestions where I can keep my eastern time zone or do I need to move to Nashville?

I am very interested in the developments here also. I was a mover to Atlanta, and live in Indianapolis. No way it reaches here. Hopefully they fire up some new spots soon.

Thanks Digi. According to the map, I'm out of the spotbeam. So I guess I have to move again. Any suggestions where I can keep my eastern time zone or do I need to move to Nashville?

keep calm and wait until the spots light up. You are in one of those rare locations where about 5 spots may be able to serve you.

Thanks. I'll be patient and wait until the other spots light up. Isn't Charleston, WV on the eastern arc?

Question for you movers, who have lost your locals to spots in the last day. If you had any DishPasses for shows, how did the 622 or 722 deal with not having a signal on the missing locals? Did it record the show on your OTA antenna (if you have one)? Or did it just record the dish local with the message saying the channel is missing or whatever it says?

i just got an error message about no need to call we are aware of the problem......

but when i "moved"again i just resat the timers

i dont watch much on the networks anyway
only Hells Kitchen and Jay Leno

I live in North La. and have had the Atlanta channels for about 10 years due to a 'move' to Georgia. Yesterday I received the same message as everyone else here did. What is the bottom line....is there a chance I will be able to receive them again or is this the end of the line? No HD locals here for DISH and we've become accustomed to having network channels on HD that don't break up like the OTA signal. If Atlanta locals are now on spotbeam, are there any other locals that would reach me if I moved again? Thanks for your help!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)