"Moving" - Ceil 2 question

Doesn't work

Unless you are blacked out be Syndex rules, you can subscribe to WPIX, KWGN, or KTLA individually or as part of the superstation package and get the CW in sd.

Our CW is currently a digital subchannel on it's sister station until the 17th when they turn their analog transmitter off and flash cut to their digital OTA channel assignment. I have had the superstations for 10 yrs and the feed from WPIX is usually better than the local subchannel or the sd feed Dish provides with our locals. I am hoping for Smallville in HD in two weeks. Wishing the 17th would get here quick!

KWGN the national superstation doesn't show CW primetime programming. They have a different feed that they send to the uplink than the LIL feed.

I too need to move. What about the locals on the 118 sat? Are they still Conus? How long do you think they would stay there? Thanks!

anyone have any info on this? Charlotte, Detroit, and Pittsburgh are listed as Conus, and it looks like maybe u get 2 extra Durham channels with Charlotte. Would be nice....

2 letters

Channel 235 KWGN Denver is showing the CW right now.

I believe you are thinking of 239 WGN Chicago which does not show the CW programming

These are SD not HD. I looked very closely at the all the stations on 110, 119,& 129. There is no HD CW available on a Conus tp with the exception of Chicago. That is why I'm w/ them.

Dallas has them at 61.5 transponder 15. If you have a dish aimed at 61.5 and tp 15 has good quality then you should be able to "move" to Dallas. Their beam extends out west at least 300 miles, so their beam is fairly large or bias toward the west. Good luck.

If the large markets in the Eastern Time Zone are all going Spotbeam, I guess there is no point in moving from Atlanta to one of those if it's only going to be temporary. I have gotten used to receiving the network channels in HD and while my OTA antenna is sometimes quite good, at other times it will go in and out and it's very annoying. I am in Shreveport, LA and I don't see that DISH is going to give us HD locals anytime soon. Do any of you know if Dallas, New Orleans or Baton Rouge have them or are expected to have them soon? Would I be in the range of those cities if they are Spotbeam? How large of an area does a Spotbeam encompass? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks in advance!!! Mary

Map

Dallas has them at 61.5 transponder 15. If you have a dish aimed at 61.5 and tp 15 has good quality then you should be able to "move" to Dallas. Their beam extends out west at least 300 miles, so their beam is fairly large or bias toward the west. Good luck.

Is there a map of the spotbeams from 61.5? I looked at EKB but couldn't find one. I may have missed it.

These are SD not HD. I looked very closely at the all the stations on 110, 119,& 129. There is no HD CW available on a Conus tp with the exception of Chicago. That is why I'm w/ them.

You didn"t say HD, you said HD or Sd. If it is just HD, Chicago is it until they are moved to a spotbeam. WPIX is HD in the NY locals but it is spotbeamed too.

In looking at the spotbeam maps, it's hard to tell if St. Louis is covered by one or more of the beams.

For those with locals on 118.75 are they planning on migrating off to 129 (or 61.5) on spotbeams?

thnx

There is a map, but how accurate it is, is unknown, as they were for the old Voom company.

http://www.dishuser.org/e12spots.pdf

Dallas doesn't have a hd CW listed, but Houston does if you are close to that spotbeam.

Thanks but as you say that was for when Voom had it and may have been moved to other locations. Since I don't have a dish pointed at 61.5 now can't check what signal I get off of each transponder. May pull out a Dish 500 before long and take look at the signal from it.

Moving may be over

I'm now receiving a message from dish. It says: You cannot receive this channel outside the designated viewing area. So they must be poling one's location via the internet connection. Since I don't have a phone line that is the only way I can think that they know I don't live in the Chicago DMA. They either are some how figureing it out by the IP provider or by looking at what my OTA locals are on my guide.

Roanoke will have HD in March.
I wonder if they will put them on 61.5 like Richmond or spot beam them on 129? I can not pick up 61.5 but if they spot beam them of 129 I should have no problem. Where did you see that they are getting HD locals in March?

I'm now receiving a message from dish. It says: You cannot receive this channel outside the designated viewing area. So they must be poling one's location via the internet connection. Since I don't have a phone line that is the only way I can think that they know I don't live in the Chicago DMA. They either are some how figureing it out by the IP provider or by looking at what my OTA locals are on my guide.
The receiver can tell you are not receiving the spotbeam where they moved this morning.