"Moving" - Ceil 2 question

If you can't get Atlanta now then you won't get them in the future. Some other locals are still CONUS on 129 but I doubt they will stay CONUS long.

I too am a "mover" I live in Charlottesville VA. and they only offer standard def locals here so I "moved" to Atlanta. So It looks like I have to move again and was wondering if I could pick up the HD channels out of DC here? If not I guess I have to go to comcast as much as I hate to because I cant deal with all my local networks in SD. Is there a map anywhere that I can see if DC would reach me here?

On the Western Arc, Ciel-2 spot beam 31 should have a good signal for both D.C. and Charottesville. But, I don't know if the D.C. signals will be on SB31.

For some reason Dish kept the SD Chicago locals conus so I'm hoping they keep the HD conus also. I realize its not likely but I can hope!
I receive the Phoenix and Tucson HD locals OTA so it appears I won't have the option to move anywhere to get another markets locals. I don't think any non local spotbeams hit south central Arizona.

They are already spot in EA(61.5). So you are estimating that it will be a 2nd spot from 129. Is this conjecture or "inside" info?

The Chicago HD locals are currently on a ConUS beam on 129. Why would E* waste ConUS transponder space which is more scarce than spot beam space? All the HD locals were ConUS on E5 since it didn't have spot beams. Most if not all of those will go to spot beams over the next few weeks. There are tons of dishes in the Chicago DMA pointed to the SW.

There are no spotbeams in use on 77 or 72.

I fully expect Chicago to go spotbeam in the next week or two. No point in wasting CONUS space when you have a perfectly good spotbeam waiting.