Moving Horizontal and Vertical

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Doesn't some one make a motor like that for a BUD or am i thinking wrong,Were can i get one like that and what would the cost be around?Just wondering

most of them setup in the states travel a specific arc so only one movement east-west

i have seen one in australia where they used two motors but for the life of me i couldn't see how it worked :)

the only type of motors here are the arm type and horizon to horizon

I've seen pictures of BUDs that have an actuator in the "normal" location, and one that adjust the elevation (instead of the long threaded rod that normally is set and untouched). I'm not sure what they used in order to position it. Obviously you could use a 2nd 'manual' actuator controller for the elevation, but I don't know of a motor that is commercially available to control both actuators simultaneously. The market for such a design is probably pretty limited.

Edit:
I'm finding limited information on the following two receivers which had dual actuator control:
Eurostar LT8700 (not Echostar)
Uniden SQ550LT

Apparently this is valuable for very large dishes which are more sensitive to a satellite's minute deviations from the clarke belt.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1224_superjack.jpg
    1224_superjack.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 165
lol leave it to harold to find one yep its not like to contraption i've seen but this is one that works the axis & elevation .....

Is this not the kind of setup (two actuators, vertical and horizontal, computer controlled) not used in applications such as tracking the sun (power generation) and non-geostationary orbits?

I rigged my Unimesh dish with an actuator to adjust the elevation back in the 80's when I wanted to maintain signal on certain inclined orbit birds.

Here is a picture of the dual-actuator setup I'm using. The receiver is a Chaparral Monterey 140 and has connections for both actuators. The receiver can also automatically track the elevation by using the AGC circuit.

Attachments

• Dual Actuator.JPG
    Dual Actuator.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 174
Hey that is awsome,I knew they had some out there somewhere,Or it could be made.I had one back in the 80's Thanks alot .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)