Moving Joey between 2 TVs

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
eI have my install on Sunday and I am only getting 1 Joey. I am hoping I can have it installed so that I can move it from one TV to another. Is that posible? Does that mess with the link between it and the Hopper?

I assume they can just run the Joey line to a splitter. That's what I had done for the TV2 from the 722.if that us the case I guess I could do that post install.

You can use an RF modulator (and possibly need an amplifier) on the composite output of the Joey to mirror the Joey to multiple televisions. Can't just use splitters like on the 722 anymore because theres no coaxial output on the Joey.

Not looking to mirror just move on the 4 days a year we have guests so they can watch TV. All other times it will be in the master bedroom. Just wan to make sure that is possible. I dont want to pay an extra $7 for a second J obey that would be rarely used.

Simple to move a Joey, just tell your installer what you want to do and he/she should set it up or tell you how to do it.

With MOCA, the signal strength on the coax will drop if there are any leaks. And the FCC does not like signals to be transmitted, either. Open coax ends work like transmitter antennas on powered coax.

Apologies, why is this necessary?
rdinkel and dishman were specifically referring to Character Zero's case where he's moving Joeys regularly between Tvs.

It's generally not open cable ports that need to be terminated. It's specifically just unused ports on the node itself that needs to be terminated.

The only reason to cap any other cable outlets is if someone has wired up extra coax lines to the node that will be unused or used occasionally.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts