moving saved shows from DVR 625 to vip 722 DVR

len75

Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
east coast usa
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I have a DVR 625 that is at least 4 years old it has a please to put an external hard drive can I put all my programs onto this hard drive and then move them onto my new DVR VIP 722 will this work to be Abel to keep all my stuff that I still have this hard drive is only 100 MB. Thanks len75

No way

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I have a DVR 625 that is at least 4 years old it has a please to put an external hard drive can I put all my programs onto this hard drive and then move them onto my new DVR VIP 722 will this work to be Abel to keep all my stuff that I still have this hard drive is only 100 MB. Thanks len75

There's no way to move it off the 625 to the 722. The 722 has no input except sat.

I think he wants to put his saved programs on an EHD attached to his 625 and then move them to a 722. Unfortunately he can't do that either because the 625 and 722 are not compatible.

To expound on that "not compatible" comment a little, the 625 never got the firmware to handle an EHD, despite it's USB port. So step one (copy off 625) is not possible. If one captures the 625 video to a computer, for example, then step two (copy onto 722) is not possible.

On second thought, if you have an ATSC modulator, then you could send the video to a 722. Those things are still prohibitively expensive, though. Possible, but not practical.

To expound on that "not compatible" comment a little, the 625 never got the firmware to handle an EHD, despite it's USB port. So step one (copy off 625) is not possible. If one captures the 625 video to a computer, for example, then step two (copy onto 722) is not possible.

On second thought, if you have an ATSC modulator, then you could send the video to a 722. Those things are still prohibitively expensive, though. Possible, but not practical.

Yep last time I chked they were scaring the L out of 1k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)