MRV and DECA are now Live Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you happen to have a second HD DVR, you can watch up to four recorded shows at the same time in different rooms — every HD DVR in your Whole-Home DVR setup allows you to watch two recorded shows at the same time in different rooms. Isn't this a total contradiction?
No, that is how it is supposed to work.

Some have reported that there is a limit to the number of sessions that is less than the theoretical eight.

Ended up getting MRV install for free.. Was using the Ethernet MRV at my old house and paying the $3 a month fee. Moved to a new house and tech saw MRV on the account - I told him I was using the Ethernet option for MRV but he ended up installing the boxes on each of the units - checked my next bill and no fee..

i got the MRV install for free, as well as another hd-dvr thrown in for free, and also a HD receiver for 1/2 off(50.00) waived all installation fees for MRV and professional install......not a bad deal since i wasn't getting rid of directv anyway......Installation - SalesOrderCredit ($49.00) $0.00

MultiRoom Upgrade/Internet Kit - SalesOrderCredit ($99.00)

Tech is coming tomorrow for my install. Excited to have the HR22 and 24 hooked up where this will work well. I was going to wait for Fall programming, but Im recording an avg of 32 hours per week now, so it'll come in handy.

H20 are special , they are not compatable with deca and mrv for the 99 dollars normal fee dtv will replace an H20 with another H2x model that is deca and mrv compatable.

I am installing MRV Tuesday and they are replacing my H20 for free. I didn't really want it but they said if I disconnected it and then changed my mind they would charge $99 for a new one then. I know it will cost me $5/month but that gives me 22 months to think about it. I'll probably use it in my den and dedicate my HR20 to my RV full-time.

Wonder if the installer will pull a cable to it? just kidding - or maybe not.:D

While I am on the subject, will the install include a new dish? I'd could save a few bucks if I could appropriate the current Slimline for the RV. It has four feeds for up to four separate tuners and I think MRV uses a new Slimline with one feed to a SWM. I have also looked at the schematics and seems you can use either. I guess it depends on the installer. He should be in a good mood as it is just a box swap with a few added gizmos.

Last edited:
I am installing MRV Tuesday and they are replacing my H20 for free. I didn't really want it but they said if I disconnected it and then changed my mind they would charge $99 for a new one then. I know it will cost me $5/month but that gives me 22 months to think about it. I'll probably use it in my den and dedicate my HR20 to my RV full-time.

Wonder if the installer will pull a cable to it? just kidding - or maybe not.:D

While I am on the subject, will the install include a new dish? I'd could save a few bucks if I could appropriate the current Slimline for the RV. It has four feeds for up to four separate tuners and I think MRV uses a new Slimline with one feed to a SWM. I have also looked at the schematics and seems you can use either. I guess it depends on the installer. He should be in a good mood as it is just a box swap with a few added gizmos.

Whenever I've gotten these upgrades, the workorder only called for a new LNB, not the entire dish.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before...I have an HR21-100 and an H21-100 and I want to be able to do the whole home DVR service. I know it is an extra $3.00 per month. I am trying to figure out what I will need to do this, preferably without having to pay $156.00 to get someone to come out to install the hardware. I would prefer to try to do it myself. I currently have my HR21-100 wirelessly networked to my router with a Linksys wireless ethernet box. What additional hardware do I need to attach to my non DVR box to enable multi room viewing? Is this something I should be able to handle myself? I consider myself fairly tech savvy and am usually good at figuring this kind of stuff out.

Wireless is not in your best interest. Ideally, you'll hardwire them together somehow. If you want to continue the Internet connection, you'll need to run both receivers to a switch and from there to a wired port on your router (or, if you've got a high quality router, hardwire both receivers directly to your router).

Installing DECA yourself is likely to cost you more in parts than having DIRECTV do it (prices from Solid Signal used as ballpark estimate)

$80-90 SWiM LNB (assuming you have a Slimline dish)
$19 SWiMLine PI
-or-
$140 SWM-8
$25 SWM-8 PI

$120 ($40x3) for DECA adapters
$20 DECA adapter power inserter for router

Need some guidance

Please bare with me because this is very long...
Ok, for the past week I have been going back and forth with DTV trying to get the ball rolling on my MRV. Last week I talked to a customer service lady and she said that with the receivers I had, I would be able to do MRV with the receivers connected to my interweb network by ethernet. After doing much reading on here, I thought that sounded fishy, but she enabled my service and I gave it a go. My receivers would not communicate with one another so I called back to get this thing resolved. This time I talked to a tech support person that seemed like she was on the ball and knew what she was doing. She told me that I needed to install Decas on each of my DVRs in order for this to work. She also said that I needed to upgrade or add the H24 (non DVR) to my system as well. She was going to do this free of charge and send the receiver to me for free (with renewed contract). She did say that D* was having an issue with my account and they couldnt add MRV, and for me to call back today(mon) to get the service added. She also said a tech would come out FOR FREE to install the Decas and get me set up.
Well, today I call, and the guy on the other end told me that no way would they be able to send an installer out for free, despite my previous help putting it right there in the notes of my account, to send an installer out for free. After hem hawing around, this d*ck finally decides that he will send me (2) Decas for free and let me do it. So now I have a BRAND NEW H24D-700, with (2) deccas on the way. Here is what my system consists of:

(1) HR22-100 DVR
(1) HR21-200 DVR
(1) H24D-700
(1) D12
(2) Decas
(1) Green Label Power inserter
Comcast cable internet going through a Linksys router.

Now, I am not sure if I have a SWM 8 after the LNB (on a slimline3), but if I have that green label SWM power inserter by my DVR, is it safe to assume that I have at least a SWM 8 somewhere on my system? It's dark right now so I can not go outside to check, but assuming I do have the SWM 8, how would I install these (2) Decas into my system to make it work? The rep said that he sent me the decas to go to each of my DVRs, and I know the H24 has it's own, but wouldnt I need a 3rd Deca to match up with the router? Also with me having Comcast and not DSL, I'm assuming I would have to put that 3rd Deca on a split SAT line w/ the ethernet going from the Deca to one of the ports coming out of the router, correct? I know there hasnt been much activity in this thread for a while, but hopefully, one of you experienced guys can help me out. Thanks in advance.

After going outside, I discovered I have a Slimline 3 dish with SWM LNB, going down single wire to a MSPLIT4R0-01 splitter. Any thoughts from my situation above?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)