MRV and DECA are now Live Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was on the Directv website pricing out service for a family member and I noticed you can now pick "whole house DVR" when picking your packages

Have not seen anyone else post about having their drives wiped, certainely not multiple, as a result of this upgrade.

I wonder if the installer made a big mistake and did a 'reset everything' at some point during the setup, which would format the drives.

I was right along side the tech when he was working. If he did wipe the drives, then I would suspect that the number of items in series manager/history would have been zero right along with everything else, instead the history shows show a number that makes sense on each of them. Also, since the install, one of my HR21's, once powered up, searches for appr. 30 minutes for a new software download. Ultimately the new d/l is never found and the programming resumes only after the device is satisfied that there is nothing newer to d/l.

I have my HR22 and R22 receivers using MRV through the "unsupported" ethernet method. The R22 is hardwired to the router, the HR 22 is connected to a Linksys wireless gaming adapter. Everything worked fine in the beta period and for a few days after having MRV activated. The other night I noticed that the HR22 wasn't updating the playlist from the R22 and the R22 doesn't see the HR22 any longer (not showing any of the HR22 playlist and says it doesn't find any networked receivers). The HR22 has internet access, as I downloaded a copy of VOD programs yesterday.

When I access the network status on the HR22, I see the following lines that don't look "normal":

STB Services Port: (little yellow caution sign) N/A (204)
Audio Services Port: -

Everything else in that section of the system status looks normal, and it says there is an internet and network connection.

Any idea on how to get my MRV working again? Thanks!!!

powering deca w/ a d12

Here is the setup. hr23, h23, d12x2.

I need two decas for the dvr, and hd, and two bandstop filters for the d12s. Then I need a deca to infuse internet. The one d12 is in the office with the router. do I need to use the deca power supply, or can I just put it in line with the cable going to the d12

If not can I use a 2 way swim splitter at that location and use the existing cable to get back to the main swim splitter??

Any help would be great

Here is the setup. hr23, h23, d12x2.

I need two decas for the dvr, and hd, and two bandstop filters for the d12s. Then I need a deca to infuse internet. The one d12 is in the office with the router. do I need to use the deca power supply, or can I just put it in line with the cable going to the d12

No.

If not can I use a 2 way swim splitter at that location and use the existing cable to get back to the main swim splitter??

Any help would be great
Yes, you can do that. So from the line that runs to the original splitter, put the two way on it. Then run one line to the deca and another one to the bs filter/d12.

You just need to power that deca otherwise you won't get any internet.

What bothers me is that I have correct equipment HR22 & R22, Slimline 3 and SWiM already. All I need is Deca and activation of MRV on my Account and they will only do this with a Service call. To me the $49.95 service call is a waste of money to watch a tech spend less than 5 minutes to install the Deca units. I want MRV but $150 is not reasonable in my opinion.

What bothers me is that I have correct equipment HR22 & R22, Slimline 3 and SWiM already. All I need is Deca and activation of MRV on my Account and they will only do this with a Service call. To me the $49.95 service call is a waste of money to watch a tech spend less than 5 minutes to install the Deca units. I want MRV but $150 is not reasonable in my opinion.

Chances are you will need a new swm splitter, or splitters as well. If your splitter doesn't have a green sticker, it is not compatible with mrv. Same goes with your swm lnb, if no green sticker you will need a band pass filter in the line between splitter and lnb.

Well, I was already set up, and all he had to do is run the decas, it was not difficult, I saw nothing i could not have done myself. I mean why are we paying 6 bucks a month for if this sort of stuff is not covered. Just Directv milking its customers all they can...

I went ahead with the 149 bucks because I just do not want to spend anymore money on leased used crap from them so this helps.

I totally agree! Many of us have most of the equipment needed and can install Deca's outselves. They need to make a cheaper version of the install at the very least.

Well I just ordered the MRV package, $99 and I get a new HD DVR and a R22 to replace both R-15s.

Be aware that you are more likely to get a R16 to replace the R15. R22's are very rare anymore and is not in production that I know of. R16 is SWM compatible but not MRV.

Be aware that you are more likely to get a R16 to replace the R15. R22's are very rare anymore and is not in production that I know of. R16 is SWM compatible but not MRV.

Oh well, it's for my daughter's room anyway. She's not getting mrv anyway. She'll be happy just to be able to record Phineous and Ferb(SP?).

OK , I just called D* and they Claim I can activate MRV without Upgrading any equipment. Is that true?

I have an HR 23 and H23 and he said no Networking or SWM is required, is that true?

OK , I just called D* and they Claim I can activate MRV without Upgrading any equipment. Is that true?

I have an HR 23 and H23 and he said no Networking or SWM is required, is that true?

hmmm. SWM is required absolutely. So are BS filters/ DECA's and swm compatible receivers.

So, do you have swm? decas? you have the receivers, just need some more gear.

hmmm. SWM is required absolutely. So are BS filters/ DECA's and swm compatible receivers.

So, do you have swm? decas? you have the receivers, just need some more gear.
The guy was ill informed. I called back and after 35 minutes, I have to pay for the Deca upgrade that cost $150.

Yes $150, $99 for the deca equipment and $49 for professional install.

So , Now I'm no way going to do it.

I can get another HD dvr for $99 and replace my R15.

But Still not doing it.

The guy was ill informed. I called back and after 35 minutes, I have to pay for the Deca upgrade that cost $150.

Yes $150, $99 for the deca equipment and $49 for professional install.

So , Now I'm no way going to do it.

I can get another HD dvr for $99 and replace my R15.

But Still not doing it.

I did get them drop the installation charge down to $10. So for me it was $110 plus a few bucks in tax. Plus they replaced my two old R15s with R16s for free. I know the boxes aren't that much different but it did allow my 2 daughters to get two active tuners on their DVRs. They both have only had 1 tuner ever since I got the R15s.

Also, since I had 5 DVRs they did have to give my a SWM16 switch which feeds two SWM8 switches. So my install was not the norm. So I feel I got fair value for what I paid for.

Also Hemi, if you get another HD DVR, do your self a favor and spend about 160-170 and get yourself the HR24. Feedback here says it's much better than any of the other HR2x boxes. Much faster performance.

Also Hemi, if you get another HD DVR, do your self a favor and spend about 160-170 and get yourself the HR24. Feedback here says it's much better than any of the other HR2x boxes. Much faster performance.
Where can I be sure to get one?

Also what happend to being able to download the MRV CE and Just using an Ethernet connection, Is that possible?

Where can I be sure to get one?

Also what happend to being able to download the MRV CE and Just using an Ethernet connection, Is that possible?

Here's an Amazon link for $190.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DIRECTV-HR24-Definition-MPEG-4-HR-24/dp/B003LQIQU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275958595&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: DIRECTV Plus® HR24 High Definition MPEG-4 DVR (HR-24) HD DVR: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31aIpdMJcHL.@@AMEPARAM@@31aIpdMJcHL[/ame]

Solid Signal for $200

DIRECTV HR24 High Definition DIRECTV PLUS MPEG-4 DVR (HR24) HD DVR - DIRECTV - HR24 -

Overstock did have some for about $160-170 but I think they are sold out.

Video comparing HR24 to HR20. Goto about 2:00

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecWM_63Xkk]YouTube - HR20 vs HR24 comparison.mp4[/ame]

Video comparing HR24 to HR23

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFrUJYzwhXs]YouTube - DIRECTV HR24-500 speed demonstration[/ame]

Check this thread here for lots of very positive user opinion.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/212331-just-ordered-hr24.html

Rey says it compares very favorably to the Vip 722.

Stonecold did post here how to do the MRV via Ethernet. The current national release will support it. No need for a CE release.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Instructions to get MRV (whole home DVR) activated for ethernet

about half that right there is extra steps in there.

Really only thing the csr needs to do is this step

Ask the CSR to enter 'Account Attributes' (under the same drop down as adding services) and choose 'Create New'. The only option here is 'MRV-Capability' and it should be set to 'u' (for unsupported) with mostly defaults.

They can then add mrv from the add/change screen or the customer via the web

all that other bullhocker is just filler that will cause you to confuse the rep.

That's part of this thread

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...tions-get-mrv-whole-home-dvr.html#post2200565

Status
Please reply by conversation.