MRV - Scheduling Recordings across DVR's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jborchel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I have two DVR's hooked up with the whole home package. It works great except that I haven't figured out how to record a program on DVR1 from DVR2. Is there a setting that I have mis-configured? I can't find any. This is a key feature as I often have two recordings scheduled on the DVR I'm using and so I want to schedule the third recording on the other DVR without having to go into that room, turn on the DVR, and then schedule the recording. Simple but very repetitive usage requirement.

jborchel said:
I have two DVR's hooked up with the whole home package. It works great except that I haven't figured out how to record a program on DVR1 from DVR2. Is there a setting that I have mis-configured? I can't find any. This is a key feature as I often have two recordings scheduled on the DVR I'm using and so I want to schedule the third recording on the other DVR without having to go into that room, turn on the DVR, and then schedule the recording. Simple but very repetitive usage requirement.

Can't be done. That's the number one problem that most people wish would be changed

I called D* about this and the tech swore that you couldn't schedule a recording on the 34 from a HD receiver. I told him to think through what he just said because it made no sense. He insisted he was right.

Originally I could have gotten the 34 for $99. Besides this ability to schedule recordings from another room, the additional recording(5 vs 4 simultaneous), and greater capacity, is there any other advantage to make the change?

You can schedule a recording on any of the DVRs (HR2x or the HR34) from a RECEIVER, you just can't do it from another DVR.

Might have been a unique problem, but I was having troubles with my HR24-500 getting the 3net Olympics last week, I was on nights so tried a timer from online for the Olympics on n3D and ended up with a bunch of NBC programing...

Can't be done. That's the number one problem that most people wish would be changed

Is Directv even testing this feature with testers in the CE forums? MRV is so mature at this point, the slow down is all gone, it's all so seamless, I just want an option for one scheduler view on on all my receivers, there's no reason not to at this point.

I believe this was tested in CE a long time ago. It was dropped a while later, not sure why. I think its because some of the HR receivers had issues with it due to some being older, but not sure.

Omg, this was in a previous CE and they removed it, is that generally a sign that it won't be coming back?

Maybe it's a marketing decision and not a technical one, they are giving us a feature that would extend the life of the receiver.

Or maybe I should be more optimistic and the fact that it has been in a previous CE means that it could come back? Maybe this should be posted in the CE forum and someone in the know could answer it, I'm a power user and my MRV setup is so lacking wthout it.

Last edited:
Omg, this was in a previous CE and they removed it, is that generally a sign that it won't be coming back?Maybe it's a marketing decision and not a technical one, they are giving us a feature that would extend the life of the receiver. Or maybe I should be more optimistic and the fact that it has been in a previous CE means that it could come back? Maybe this should be posted in the CE forum and someone in the know could answer it, I'm a power user and my MRV setup is so lacking wthout it.
Just bumping this thread, it's been a long time since I've heard anything, has it ever come back in discussion in the CE forum? Any plans to ever bring it to market?

I think that would be a great feature to have also. On top of that, if you are watching tv on a Reciever or DVR, it would be cool to have a little Record icon in the guide, indicating if a show was set to record or not. I know... they want you to get the HR34 or HR44 to do this. It would just be a cool thing to have for people that want the extra tuners beyond 5.

I think that would be a great feature to have also. On top of that, if you are watching tv on a Reciever or DVR, it would be cool to have a little Record icon in the guide, indicating if a show was set to record or not. I know... they want you to get the HR34 or HR44 to do this. It would just be a cool thing to have for people that want the extra tuners beyond 5.

Add a cloud for storage in case of a HDD failure and we're all set ;)

MRV is so mature at this point, the slow down is all gone, it's all so seamless, I just want an option for one scheduler view on on all my receivers, there's no reason not to at this point.
I'm guessing there's a technical reason (more than likely related to the database engine).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts