MSG gone too from DISH

That reminds me. I have to get some chips and salsa for when I'm watching teh game tonight in glorious HD on my new D* install. :)

yeah, I know.... nose rubbing not appreciated. :)

When I made my decision to move over to D* I had to consider that E* might resolve the issues that were pushing me to leave. Nice to see they have apparently settled with FOX. I thought I'd be disappointed if I switched and E* settled. But honestly... even only after a week and a half or so, I don't think I could get my wife to give up the MRV now.

I would love to see E* settle with MSG quickly. I feel bad for my fellow Sabres fans who can't watch the games.

That reminds me. I have to get some chips and salsa for when I'm watching teh game tonight in glorious HD on my new D* install. :)

yeah, I know.... nose rubbing not appreciated. :)
It does look good in glorious HD with D*, glad I made the switch after 12 years.

msg's HD is never glorious. It is ok but not glorious.

Islandguy43, thanks for your comment since i was wondering if D* has some new and "glorious" HD on their RSN's. I am a Dish fan, but once you get past Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, ESPN and HBO (plus HDNet and HDTheater) most HD I see is not glorious at all. Way too much of the HD we get is upgraded standard fare, which while better than SD is aptly termed "not bad, not bad at all." I'm hoping that after Dish meets all their coverage requirements (per statutory and FCC mandates) they will have enough capacity to go back to 1920/1080i distribution of all their HD programming. Maybe by 2012, though I am not sure that Dish's currently scheduled sat launches will provide the capability that would be necessary.

Regards,
Fitzie

msg's HD is never glorious. It is ok but not glorious.
Are you kidding me?

If given the choice, I'll take the MSG/MSG+ HD feed over most of the FOX Sports feeds. On DirecTV, the MSG feeds are arguably one of the clearest HD broadcasts around.

To make capacity, most cable networks tend to overcompress the heck out of their digital broadcasts; that may account for why your MSG-HD experience is sub-par.

Maybe now that Cablevision and Fox have an agreement, Cablevision will get serious in coming to an agreement with Dish and we can get MSG back on Dish!

Ouch, that hurts!

True words, though, after seeing Dallas crunch them on my PC last night. Trying to hold on and not switch to D, but it's getting tough out here in Erie, PA, especially now that we have Local Channels.

With the deal from D, is it true that I can record 2 things at one time and watch a pre recording?

Go Sabres!

With D* you can record 2 things while watching something you have previously recorded. I have a pair of HR24s and MRV. I can record in the living room and watch it in the bedroom and vice versa. My son can run directv2pc and access both DVRs from his computer and watch Smallville or Supernatural that he recorded in either the living room or bedroom DVR.

ahhh... but far better than the SD feed from E* :)

That is true, however I find the hd quality of Vs and NHL.net with HNIC broadcast superior to our supposedly 1080 broadcast of MSG-B. Top it off with the way the sabres and bills are playing makes you want to watch movies instead, only problem I have a Leaf's Fan for wife whom makes me get NHLCI for her team.

That is true, however I find the hd quality of Vs and NHL.net with HNIC broadcast superior to our supposedly 1080 broadcast of MSG-B. Top it off with the way the sabres and bills are playing makes you want to watch movies instead, only problem I have a Leaf's Fan for wife whom makes me get NHLCI for her team.

You can't get Hockey Night Canada out of Toronto OTA? I can get it from my house if I spin my antenna around. Actually I get it not too terribly off the back side of the antenna.

My deepest sympathies......not for being married but for being married to a Leafs fan. :)

I don't like the Yankees much, but I do like to see the Devils and Rangers. As I am paying for the NY Regional sports package I have always been gypped by not having Yes. And now it is worse with the loss of MSG and MSG2. Depending how you measure it NY sports fans are being deprived of 3/4 or 2/3 of what they are paying for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)