MSG?

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Any chance Dish will ever get MSG back on or not? Even in SD? There must be all kinds of people leaving Dish for Direct or cable in the New York City market!

:rant:

Doubtful. They just recently removed FUSE which was still up but hidden from customers. So it looks like any talks with MSG (who also owns FUSE) are over.

Most of the people in NY already left with no MSG and no YES Network DISH is not the customers for NY sports fans.

I would have to say no. Of course no one really knows but there has been nothing at all even rumored to be happening with MSG and Dish. Dish has made a decision that they will give up the market that has MSG and YES. Looking at the larger picture, that is a small percentage of their total market, especially when you filter out those that don't get Dish anyway there, and filter out those that did not care about losing those two sports channels. You can read many posts about this and why alot of people agree with that decision, unless MSG and YES offer a better price for their services.

I would have to say no. Of course no one really knows but there has been nothing at all even rumored to be happening with MSG and Dish. Dish has made a decision that they will give up the market that has MSG and YES. Looking at the larger picture, that is a small percentage of their total market, especially when you filter out those that don't get Dish anyway there, and filter out those that did not care about losing those two sports channels. You can read many posts about this and why alot of people agree with that decision, unless MSG and YES offer a better price for their services.

The NY area might be a small percentage of Dish's market now but if they had YES from the start and had not taken MSG off as well as offered full time HD for the games it probably would of been a much larger percentage of Dish's market. It's not only the NYC area affected by this but all of upstate as well as parts of NJ,PA and CT. New York State alone has just under 20,000,000 people and add that to the number of people in the parts of the other three states, it adds up to a lot of potential lost customers. Some people don't care about losing these two RSN's as you say but I am sure there are quite a few who do considering there are seven major league teams as well as college teams covered by these two RSN,s.

As I said in the last post, those who are sports fans in NY have already left DISH or avoided DISH all together. NY is not a priority for them which I think if unfortunate. If DISH's HQ was in NY instead of Denver I think the situation would be a lot different.

As I said in the last post, those who are sports fans in NY have already left DISH or avoided DISH all together. NY is not a priority for them which I think if unfortunate. If DISH's HQ was in NY instead of Denver I think the situation would be a lot different.

I have to agree, if Dish's HQ was in NY it would be a lot different especially when Charlie's kids started to ask him where are the sports. There are still some sports fans I know that haven't left yet because they are still under contract but all have said that once they are out of contract they are gone too. Do you know when Dish's contract with SNY is up?

not only did they give up NYC..they gave up upstate NY and Parts of NJ

not only did they give up NYC..they gave up upstate NY and Parts of NJ

The gave up the entire state because one the best hockey markets in the U.S. for television ratings is Buffalo, and we were forced off Dish too. I left because of the crappy msg SD feed two years ago. They don't even get that now. Its pretty sad, when you can get the Toronto Maples Leafs on HNIC on the NHL Network, but can't get your home team's games unless it is on Versus or NBC.

Living in South Jersey, for a long time with no Comcast-Philly available Dish used to call MSG "My RSN". Now my address shows no RSN whatsoever. I guess it's a good thing I'm too busy to watch sports anymore. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)