Msghd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Same here. I wake up every morning at 6am and the first thing i do is turn on the tv. I hope they will go on tomorrow.:)

We appreciate your interest in MSG HD and FSN New York HD. We have arrangements in place with a number of distributors regarding MSG HD and FSN New York HD and we are in discussions with other potential distributors. If your pay television provider is not currently distributing MSG HD or FSN New York HD, feel free to check back with us later in the season.

Thank you,
MSG Media

Very general answer. These rep's who answer these e-mail have no clue. My guess wouls be not until next year if your lucky.

I also am hoping for these two channels to launch on Wednesday 10/31/07.

But I have to add that if these channels are launched and then when the Rangers, Islanders or Devils play I expect to be able to watch the games....not 721 or 727 messages.

Anything less than a true addition of these two channels full time would be a failure by Directv.

getting the D* flyer in the mail yesterday (which lists MSGHD/FSNNYHD as available now) was fuel on the fire.... i photocopied the flyer, printed the channel line up from DirecTV the magazine (which also lists them as availble "mid october") and printed a screen capture of the directv.com page that uses the MSG HD logo and attached them all to a letter to the office of the president (D*, not the united states) expressing my dissatisfaction with this whole screw up.

don't get me wrong, i don't expect these channels to light up in response to my letter, but they need to do a better job about informing customers (heck, might want to start with the CSRs) about what's going on. I know they don't normally give out launch dates for channels, but considering they are promoting channels that they don't even offer, i don't think it would be a stretch for them to provide an explanation as to why they are failing to deliver on these promises that are printed in black and white.

sh*t happens and this time it apparently did. So, it is on the site, on the other things as well, just not on the TV. They know it, we know it. Does it really matter that they have not stated why? Will a technical explanation make you feel better? It will be on when it comes on.

sh*t happens and this time it apparently did. So, it is on the site, on the other things as well, just not on the TV. They know it, we know it. Does it really matter that they have not stated why? Will a technical explanation make you feel better? It will be on when it comes on.

it really would make me feel better. not only that though.. put yourself in the shoes of a new/dumb directv customer. you look at their flyer and you think "wow, they have channels X, Y and Z... i'm going to switch to D*" and then you turn on your new fancy directv equipment and find out they have channel X, but not Y and Z. that customer is going to be really really p1ssed off if he/she made a decision based on false information.

it really would make me feel better. not only that though.. put yourself in the shoes of a new/dumb directv customer. you look at their flyer and you think "wow, they have channels X, Y and Z... i'm going to switch to D*" and then you turn on your new fancy directv equipment and find out they have channel X, but not Y and Z. that customer is going to be really really p1ssed off if he/she made a decision based on false information.

What is the BFD about MSGHD? It's not even available to all! Move on please!

obviously there is a great deal of interest for this channel. if you aren't interested in the channel, then you should move on.
I meant move on as i get over it. It's not in the near future and posting daily is not gone to make it happen any sooner.Sorry if you took offense personally but the only post I see are from New Yorker's.

I meant move on as i get over it. It's not in the near future and posting daily is not gone to make it happen any sooner.Sorry if you took offense personally but the only post I see are from New Yorker's.

so until it's added, it's not a valid topic to discuss? of course new yorkers are going to discuss this channel... it's one of our RSNs.

I'm not a new yorker but I like my NHL CI HD games and it'd be nice to get 3 more teams in HD, especially my favorite one.

As far as moving on or getting over it, as long as D* advertises channels they dont carry, on their website, I don't see anything wrong with subs keeping a thread alive that informs potential clients and reminds D* that some people are aware of their false advertising.

I come to this forum to find about little "tricky" consumer things like that.

so until it's added, it's not a valid topic to discuss? of course new yorkers are going to discuss this channel... it's one of our RSNs.

Bingo...this doesn't even apply to me as I have cable...but RSN's are one of the most important channels one gets. I watch MSG with the Sabres more than any other channel probably. With the amount of games you watch on it, it's one of the most important channels.

Not only that, but...

This does have cable/FIOS implications. Why?

...because it would mean that these channels would most likely be delivered over satellite, which would open them up to other CVC competitors.

Anyone else questioning - we're talking about the most populated DMA in the country - this is going to be big news regardless.

Last nights game

I didn't realize it but apparently MSG does have HD, just not with Directv. I watched the game last night and they kept bragging it was in HD. I bet Cablevision probably has it...

not that this really matters, but i just continue to be blown away by how stupid this is all making directv look.... i was in the chelsea best buy (basically mid-town manhattan for those of you not in the NYC area) and right next to the HR20/H20 display they had a flyer listing all the directv HD channels and guess what was on there.... MSG HD. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)