Multi-LNB Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Easy question for those who have done it. Which side of main LNB should a second LNB be mounted on a fixed dish? Example: main LNB is pointing at 87W. Want second LNB to receive 91W. Do you mount second LNB to the right of main LNB?

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: spongella
Correct. If standing directly in front of the dish and 87 is dead center, then 91 would be to your right, like this:

9551D0D8-16A3-4421-B845-53B9E12681C6.jpeg

The way I remember: Opposite direction of the Sat you want to add.
If Sat is more easterly... mount on west side of center.
If Sat is more westerly... mount on east side of center.

Not exactly on topic, but here's a pic of Mama's 55W/58W 10ft BUD lnbf's. Photo looking up from the bottom. The 58W lnbf is on the East side. Had to rotate the 58W C2-Pll 180 degrees so that the heat sinks didn't hit each other to get them that close.

Signal strength dropped slightly after cutting the scaler and adding the second lnbf... but not enough to lose any desired signals.
Dual_Lnbf.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
On the 1-meter 87W dish, I was able to receive with good SQ 91W, 95W, 97W by moving the second LNB around by hand. It's easy when the receiver and monitor are beside the dish. I cable tied the second LNB to the main LNB and now have both 87W and 91W scanned in. I also re-positioned the main LNB in its holder which raised 87W to a very stable SQ 73%. I'm happy with this dish.

On the 1.2-meter 103W dish, I could only find 99W by moving the second LNB. So I cable tied that in place. Maybe the larger dish has a narrower beamwidth.

If there is a good multi-LNB holder commercially available, it would be good to get a couple. I could probably receive 4 satellites on the 87W dish (maybe 5 with 83W...).

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was trying to make something universal and durable another day. Came up with such a construction. All INOX made and can be installed on any offset antenna (round or square feedarm). However, I do not like multifeeds, they steal signal.... unless they are installed on multi-focus antenna. IMG_20190221_213655 (Large).jpg IMG_20190221_213801 (Large).jpg IMG_20190221_213818 (Large).jpg IMG_20190221_213928 (Large).jpg